Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pittock Mansion & Rose Garden




Today (Sunday 12 September) I woke up happy cause my ear plugs worked, I didn't hear the train!! And the bed was so nice so I had a good night's sleep.
We had yoghurt and crisp bread for breakfast ;) A nice start for our last day here in Portland.
We started a new fire and then cleaned out the cabbin and packed everything in the car. When the last fire was out, we said goodbye and drove in to Portland again and the famous Pittock Mansion. It's a century old symbol of Portland's dramatic transformation from a small lumber town to bustling city, it's an architectural wonder. A beautiful mansion that is located on a hill where U have the view over the city. It's now a museum so U can pay and go in and there they give a tour and tell the story about the house and the family. Very interesting and such a beautiful house. Jonas and Lotta wanted to get inspired for their house and I think they got some ideas ;)
At lunch, we drove down to the city and bought some nice bagels and then drove up to the big, famous rose garden and had our lunch in the middle of all the sweet-scented flowers. It was really nice cause today the weather was sunny and warm as well.
We spend maybe two hours here and the kids found a earth pile where they made earthballs and then wanted to start a earth war with me....ehh, no thanks! But Filip threw a ball on me anyway..aarrggh!!
In the afternoon we went back home and also now there was a lot of traffic so it took a while to get home but it was OK for me cause I wasn't the driver ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment