Friday, October 1, 2010

Saying goodbye to the city





Today (Thursday 9th September) I went in to Seattle one last time to shop souvenirs and to say goodbye to the city. It was sad in one way cause Seattle is a city that I've become to like during this year, I mean it's been my home and now I don't know when or if I'll ever come back. I like the atmosphere cause it's a big city but U can reach everything pretty easy and having the water so close by always a good thing.
I went to Urban Outfitters but didn't buy anything, then I walked down to Pike Place market and checked out all the t-shirt stores for some Seattle t-shirts and I found a funny one for me. It's a umbrella with the text SEATTLE inside, I liked it and it describes the city pretty good...except that no one has an umbrella here ;)
I walked to Pioneer Square and went to the wonderful toy store they have there. There they have so many fun stuff and a lot of "old" toys. Here I bought a laughing monkey for my two cousins (it's hillarious! Laughs when U walk by) two small medical stuffed animals for my friend, and some small walking animals...so cute!!
From Pioneer Square I walked down to the piers and bought some small souvenirs and when I was done I had a lot of bags ;) I went on the bus with a smile on my face, happy that I got a nice day in Seattle and was able to say goodbye in a proper way.
Back home, I had a late lunch (it was already 3pm) and then I took the bus to Bellevue for a last time at the mall. Feels weird to do everything for the last time, but I'm glad that I can do that without any stress. I finished all my shopping with a pair of shoes for my brother, underware for me and my friend and coffee for my other friend. I just hope everything will fit in my bags ;)
Back home, I had dinner with Jonas and the kids (Lotta was on her work out with Jenny) and then I went through all my souvenirs to make sure I hadn't missed anything and I started to go through some drawers to see what to save and what I could throw away...it was not so much I'm afraid ;)
I have some updates to do on the blog from my trip so I spent the rest of the evening in the sofa with the computer in my lap and the TV on. There was a story about a guy who had spend 19 years in prison and tonight he was gonna be executed. That's when I realized, I'm in a country where death penelty is allowed. I didn't think of it before and it feels weird. Maybe a bit double standard of moral when U kill someone because they killed someone? But I donno...

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment