Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Welcome home!!





Today (Wednesday 15 September) I landed in Frankfurt at 4 am for me but it was like 12 pm or sth. I was not in my best mood and my flight was delayed and I had to walk really long before I could find my gate. I was not fresh at all and cranky from all the lack of sleep. Thank U Helin's for the Ipod so that I could watch Twilight while I was waiting. U know, now when I'm in Europe they don't have free WiFi at the airport ;) I could also tell that I'm in Europe cause of all the unfriendly people. When I gave my passport to the check guy I said politely and happy "Good morning!" He just looked at me and grunted sth and gave back my passport. Common?! That made me even more pissed. And one thing that I don't understand is why do I have to go through another security check, when there is no possibility that I could have put anything in my bags cause I couldn't leave the airport...just silly!
The flight was delayed about one hour but it was OK cause it's such a short flight. It was with tears in my eyes I landed in Gothenburg and it felt really nice to be HOME again! I was excited to get out of the plane but everything took a while cause everyone else also wanted to get out ;) And then I needed to gather all my bags before I could go out in the big hall and look for my family.
The first one I see is Eric, my little brother, and he's waving with two Swedish flags ;) Behind him are mum and dad and there we had a big hug party. Oh, it was so nice to see them again!! It's almost unreal but at the same time it felt like I've never been away.
I wanted just to suck in every smell and emotion I felt when we walked to the car cause this was really Sweden!! With the green everywhere and the fresh air...this is my HOME and I won't leave it again soon!
I was very happy when we came to the car cause there they had candy!!! Oh, I've missed the Swedish candy ;) I think I ate the whole bag before we stopped to eat lunch ;) We ate at a Swedish pizza place and I had the "Kebab pizza" OMG!! This is sth I've really missed and I can't wait until I'll have one at the best pizza place in my town...but this was also heavenly and just to sit down and eat with my family again was a moment bigger than a lot of things.
We drove home and it takes about two hours and then I felt how tired I was and I closed my eyes for a while.
When we drove up to our house I felt like in a dream, was I really home? When I came in through the doors I stood there for a minute and felt "our" smell. I love it! Another thing was that tne newest family member, our cat Chabo, came and said hello to me. He's so cute and I'm excited to see how it works to have a pet.
In the hallway was a banderol saying "Welcome Home Sandra" and a lot of ballons and flags...so nice!
I said hello to my other brother, Robin, and got to see his new room (my old) and it looked really nice. I was, of course, curious about my new room so I ran upstairs and checked it out. It's small but very sweet. I have a sofa, not a bed ;) and I love the wall paper. One wall is light yellow and the other goes in black and grey and has houses on it. So pretty and I really love the room. There isn't much space for all my stuff so we'll see how that goes but right now it's perfect!
I'd brought presents to my family and I think evryone was happy. We didn't do so much more but that was exactly what I wanted.
This is the last thing I'll write on this blog and I want to thank U all that have been following me, supporting me and helping me through this amazing year. I don't regret anything and it's been a great experience but now I'm so happy to be home and for me one year was enough. I wish U all good luck with what ever U do and maybe I can inspire someone else to have the currage to take that step, to do sth different cause in the end it's so good for U!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment