Monday, September 27, 2010

Biking the Golden Gate Bridge










Today (Monday 6 September) guess what we had for breakfast?....Pancakes!! ;) With maple syrup...jummy!
Now it's our last day here in San Francisco and also on our road trip cause tomorrow we are going back to Seattle. It's a bit sad cause I would like to stay here longer but also now I know that it's not long until I'll go back to Sweden so I'm also happy.
We took the cable car to the piers, it's always nice and U get to see a lot of the city in a fun way when U go up and down the hills. We didn't pay anything for our ride cause no one asked us for money and we didn't ask ;) We thought of going back and pay when we jumped off but no...
We had decided that we wanted to do sth that we didn't do last time so we went to a bike store and rented two bikes. There was a great bike path that went along the water all the way to the bridge and on the way we stopped at many great lookouts and took gorgeous pictures with the bridge in the background. The weather was perfect, sunny and warm. At one place, a guy just got up a sea star with a hot dog as bate ;) He was so happy!! Good job!
It was a unreal feeling going over the bridge..I mean, Hello!! I'm riding a bike across the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco!!! How many can say they've done that??? ;) Just incredible!
It was a narrow bike lane over the bridge and it was a two way lane so U had to look out for bikes coming the other way but also fast bikers that drove past U.
On the other side we stopped and took some nice pictures with the city and the bridge in the background...well we didn't look so nice after that long and warm bike ride but the bridge was nice ;)
We didn't stress back cause we had already passed the two hours limit and had to pay for three any way so we stopped at a Safeway that we saw on our way down and Kadda ran in and bought some stuff while I stayed outside and guarded the bikes. One thing that I discovered during this trip is the new M&M Prezel....I think that's the best thing they've made this far...OMG, it's heavenly. I think I could eat them all the time ;) Too bad they are so expensive.
We returned the bikes and then went down to Pier 39 and Fisherman Warf and walked in all the stores and just strolled around. It was hot and there were a lot of people! Today was Labor day so maybe that increased the number of people even more. We saw the sea lions again and I bought some souvenirs for people back home, it's so hard!!! But now I think I know what I want for every body and that's a good start.
We saw a famous cable car turn, where they have to turn the car by hand and as always are there musicians that played and wanted money. One guy, who played the trumpet, had a little rabbit as a pet and he jumped around and was so cute!!
We went back home and this time we paid ;) I wanted to eat out since it was the last night but Kadda didn't want to so I had noodles at the hostel instead, very fancy! But we had the dessert at Cheese Cake Factory and our German room mate Eve joined us and it was really nice. We had our last cheese cake :( I had one with chocolate chip cokkie dough (as American it can be ;)) and it was good but as always too much.
The location of the restaurant is so nice here in San Francisco. It's on the roof of a store so we had a great view over Union Square. A great evening to end this incredible trip and I'm glad that I got the chance to experience all the things I've done.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment