Sunday, September 5, 2010

Los Angeles


Today (Friday 27) we arrived in L.A at around 5 am. There were not so much going on and we were really tired. The bus station was in downtown, which would have been good if we would stay there...but our hostel was in Santa Monica which is a bit outside of L.A. I guess U can say it's like a suburb, it has it's own downtown but is still a part of L.A.
We were a bit lost before we found the right bus that could take us all the way out to the coast and Santa Monica. We found the hostel after some walking and it looked like a really nice one. It's a HI (Hostel International) and I know we have them in Sweden too.
Check in for every guests was at 2 pm and now it was 7 am!! But we could store our luggage and feel free to use all the common areas of the hostel while we waited to get our room. First we needed breakfast and good for us, they were serving it at this time so we enjoyed a bowl of cereals and some toasts. It was a really good breakfast to be at a hostel and it just feels so at home when U all eating together and U have to make your own dishes. Your mum doesn't live here ;)
We tried to sleep in some of the armchairs and sofas but I didn't get so much sleep, so after a while we decided to go out and do sth.
We wanted to take the bus in to Hollywood and the walk of fame but that was easier said than done. We didn't really understand the bus system and had to walk for a while and then we waited long for a bus and when we finally found the right bus, we took it in the wrong direction...of course!! It's cheap to go by bus but when U have to change a several times it gathers up!
L.A is bigger than I thought and it took us around 1 hour to get to where we wanted and at this time, the weather was really nice. When we arrived this morning we couldn't even see the water cause it was so foggy and it was cold. Now the sun was shining and I was sweating in my jeans and sweater I had on.
It was so cool to walk on all the stars on the walk of fame. Also one of those surreal moments of my life here. This is sth I'd never thought I would do and it's so cool.
The walk was so long and we didn't know which direction we should go to get to the beginning so I guess we missed a lot of them. But we saw some pretty cool ones too: Walt Disney, Julia Roberts, Al Capone, Sylvester Stallone, Greta Garbo and a lot, lot more ;)
We were outside the Kodak Theater where they have a lot of big premieres and I also took a picture with Rambo ;) There was a guy at a museum or sth, that was dressed and looked exactly like him...so cool! ;)
We saw the Hollywood sign in a distance and everything is just so overwhelming here...I mean OMG I'M IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!
We took the bus back and could now check in to our room. We're staying in a 10 bed female room so we sleep in bunk beds. There is a lot of stuff here and U can tell there is only girls sleeping in the room ;) We have a bathroom, shower and a sink in the room and then there are more out in the hallway. It's OK, good enough to sleep in and when we got up or stuff we took a nice nap for two hours. I was so tired still from the bus trip and everything that I just wanted to sleep before I did anything else.
When we woke up we walked to 3rd St which was a promenade where no cars could drive and there were all sorts of stores, restaurants and a lot of street performances. There were one guy who did a back flip, on one leg, seven times and without a shirt ;) So cool!
We found a French place were we decided to have dinner and they also had crepe so I guess that's why we choose it ;) I had some kind of chicken sandwich with fries and I tried a apple cider to it but it was grouse..too much alcohol, can I say that? ;) And of course we had the strawberry nutella crepe for dessert ;)
We walked slowly back home and both of us were still a bit tired and we wanted to get a good sleep before tomorrow's adventures.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment