Sunday, September 12, 2010

San Luis
















Today (1 September) I woke up after a good night sleep in a nice, soft bed!! I had a wonderful breakfast at the motel, Kadda wanted to sleep instead so she missed it. They had everything U could want for breakfast. Cereals, yogurt, bagels, waffles, eggs, fruit etc...it was jummy!
I took a shower and then we packed up and checked out to continue our journey north. Our next goal was San Luis but first we put some gas in the car and went up the city's court house from where we had a great view over the city. By the way, I rock at parallel parking ;) I've done it a lot this far and they are almost in the same class as M's ;) Anyway, the view was great from the clock tower and it was surprising how big the city was. We couldn't see the ocean cause it was too foggy. It was sun and clear in all directions but when U looked towards the water there was this fog rolling in over the shore...like "The Mist" ;)
We drove to San Luis where they had a outlet mall ;) I didn't have any plans of buying anything cause I have a money situation now so I need to think twice before I buy anything, but U can always look!
We thought here would be a Abercrombie & Fitch outlet but apparently we had seen wrong cause here was nothing! We were a bit disappointed but we found some stuff anyway. There was a great sale at Tommy Hilfiger so I got a new bikini, which I needed, for only $6!! I also bought two t-shirts at VANS where they had bye one and get one for free so I think it was OK, or? ;)
When we were done, we went to VONS (Safeway, just another name) and bought some stuff for our camping tonight and then went to the campground we looked up. Of course they only took cash there so we needed to drive back to the center to get money but then we could check in and put up the tent, this time in daylight ;)
It was a nice campground called Oceano Camping which was just behind the sand dunes to the ocean.
I bought fire woods and then we started the fire. We felt like real campers and were so proud when we got the fire going ;)
I went to check the surroundings and next to us was a river or a lake (didn't see the end ;)) and it looked like a real swamp in Brazil or sth, I was expecting a crocodile to jump up and eat me ;)
I grilled hot dogs over the fire and then we both did corn which were hard to get out of the fire pitch but so good! I tried Nutella on it and I'll tell U this, Nutella goes with everything ;)
Kadda tried to make a oven baked potato by wrapping a potato with a chips bag...donno if t was a success ;)
Of course we did smores also but with LU crackers and Lindt chocolate so a bit fancier than usual.
It was nice and really cozy but when it got dark we didn't have anything to do so we went to bed....at 8 pm!!
When I got back from brushing my teeth there was a deer family walking bye just outside our site. I watched them for a while before they were all gone and they didn't seem scared at all. Maybe they are used to be around people.
I noticed another thing I forgot today...my shampoo, conditioner and soap that I bought new in Santa Monice...AArrrgghh...I'm so mad at myself right now. I mean, it's not a big deal to buy new stuff again but it's the principle....why can't I just look after my things?
Today I also got a email from the ski resort I applied for and they want me to come on a interview the day after I'm back in Sweden. I'm so excited cause this is the first thing that responded my applications for work so I've send a email to my parents to see if they are up to driving back to Gothenburg the day after they pick me up there ;) But I also send a email to McDonald's so we'll see what they'll say.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment