Sunday, August 30, 2009

Birthday at the zoo!!



Today was Filip's birthday and it started as every other birthday with a musical wake-up. I'm not sure it was a pleasant wake-up, but hey it's the taught that counts. Then we had a nice breakfast with bread and cup cakes. Those were really good and cheep to, I heard =) In the morning Filip got presents from the family and me. He got a video game, a DVD, a game and from me a Swedish soccer t-shirt. He was really happy for the gifts but there were more to come...
He had to go on a treasure hunt to get to his present from his parents. He went up on the roof, out in the garden and back inside. It was really an effort to find it but finally he found it: a new bike! A BMX so now he can go and jump on rails and stuff like that. He was really glad and went up and down the street.
I went with Lotta and Sofia to a huge market called Costco. It's amazing how much you can by in there. Everything from milk to a new cellphone. And most come in giant pack. it was really cool and I can't wait until I come back and just can walk around for hours =)
At about one o'clock we went to the zoo. Oh, first we had to look for Filip because he was playing Hide and seek without anyone knowing. But after about 15 minutes we were on our way.
The zoo was a great place for a birthday party and we had our own guide who took us through the park and told us about the animal. Filip had actually 21 friends invited so there were a lots of kids, and adults to. That's maybe why I'm a bit tired right now ;) But it was really fun to meet many of the friends to the family and talked to them. Many were actually Swedish but some were Americans.
Filip was allowed to do some pretty cool stuff. He could go really close to the animals together with the guide.
After the tour we had Swedish "Smorgastsarta" and it was really good. For dessert it was chocolate cake. And the children preferred that one =)
Today has also been really hot, and I'm not use to that after this Swedish summer =) but I think I will adapt to that really good. But one thing I have to do soon is to go SHOPPING!!! I can't wait and I hope me and Katharina will go someday next week. I've also heard about a AuPair meeting that is hold every Tuesday at Starbucks in Seattle. Maybe I'll go there next week.

Miss you all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment