Monday, August 31, 2009

First day alone!



Today was my first day alone with the kids. I was pretty nervous and before I went to bed last night I kept going in my head everything that Lotta and Jonas told me. This they like for breakfast, they can do this, not do that. I almost went crazy but I think I manage it well, except from burning the ribs =)...but let's say it was the oven..
First we had breakfast and then we watched Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets, Filip got it for his birthday. After that we had lunch, special maid Noddle soup with your own ingredients. Filip had broccoli, Sofia corn and i had them both =)
Then it was time for the outdoor playtime, we packed a bag and went to a park. It was a lovely park with a playground, a basketball field, a skateboard park and off course a lot of green spaces were you could run and kick some ball. Filip brought his stamp rocket (I think) and it was fun. You send up small rockets in the air with a foot pump and we tried to catch it, which was harder than it sounds. We also played some ball and climbed at the playground.
Today was also very hot so after maybe an hour we went to the pools. It was really good going in to the refreshing water. There we played for a while and we looked like raisins when
we got up =)
Before we left I had put in the ribs, that we should have for dinner, in the oven because they were supposed to be there for four hours but I guess I'm not very good at making ribs because they were very black when we took them out. I didn't forgot the time but I wasn't able to see that they were black and then think that maybe they don't have to be in for four hours?!...well Jonas was nice and said that we probably had read the recipe wrong...
I also had a walk of my own this evening. I went down to the water and tried to have a walk among the waterfront but it was hard so I had to be settled with some small peeks between the houses. ;) But it was still amazing. It's so beautiful here and the atmosphere is so relaxing. On one bench there were two guys playing the guitar, on one other a love couple sat and watched the sun set. You get really motioned and I like it a lot. Tomorrow I think I will jog around the neighbourhood to see if I can get to know the place even better. I'm also going to drive the car for the first time...ohh I'm a bit nervous but it's a Saab and not one of those big SUVs so I think it will be good. It's also automatic so it will be easier than I'm use to. Maybe I'll look for the clutch pedal a few times but that's OK =)...

Miss you all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment