Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Candy cane lane and a birthday




Today (Tuesday) I went to the gym to have my regular SET work out but the instructor was away so they had replaced her class with another one called Power Sculpt. The instructor said that it was kind of the same but boy was she wrong....this was so hard, and exhausting. But really, really fun! It felt like I was about to fall asleep during the pass cause it was so exhausting ;)
When I got home I went to sleep, I really needed it.
Today came the handy man that was gonna fix our heater. He worked all day and it took like 6 hours cause he had to exchange the whole furnace and he worked alone. Poor guy. But he did a good job so now we have heat in our house again. Jippie! I can sleep without the annoying sound of the radiator ;)
After dinner all of us went in to Seattle and to one of those Candy Cane Lanes. It's a neighbourhood where every house has decorated their garden extremely with lights and different Christmas decorations. It was so beautiful and they had so many crazy stuff. There was a carousel in the roundabout, a really tall nutcracker, the Grinch, Santas and so much more. It was like a fairy tale and really sweet.
They have been doing this since 1949! That's a really long time. But there is one man in one house that refuses to be a part of it. He doesn't have his porch light on ;) That was funny. All this bright, decorated houses and then, in between, a totally dark one...hahha hilarious. Probably an old and grumpy man ;)
Directly when we got home, I went to Bellevue and the Cheesecake Factory where I was gonna celebrate Hannah's 19th birthday! Happy Birthday!
It was me, Hannah, Anna, Linn and two other Swedish girls Emma and Evelina. It was nice and I really love that restaurant. They have so good food and the cheesecake is amazing! I took pasta this time as well and I was not disappointed. We have to go there more often.
Hannah got a lot of presents, but not one from me cause I got the invitation the same day and didn't have time to buy her something. I'll do it some other day.
After a great evening with a lot of talking (mostly to Anna cause the other girls talked Swedish almost the whole time) and good food, I went home to my bed and fell a sleep at once.

Today's gift in my advent calender was encouragement!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment