Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snoqualmie!



Finally! Today we went skiing!
We tried to leave early, but u know when u have kids ;) Hahahah
Anyway...we went to Snoqualmie, a ski resort that is located like a an hour from here which means a long time in the car! But the kids did good, Filip had his DS game and Sofia had brought some paper and crayons so there were occupied ;)
It was so cool driving there cause the environments change really fast. Like just from one kilometer to another. One minute there was no snow and the next one there were a lot ;) So nice. I love snow.
The mountain peaks were all covered with snow and they sparkled from the sunbeams. How poetic ;)
The resort is divided in to four mountains!!! It's West, East, Central and Alpental. We went to the Central and it was amazing. The environment was so beautiful and the air was so fresh and the snow was so...white ;) I've been missing the snow so much so I felt really good today.
First we had to get our ski pass. I've decided to get a ski pass for the whole season. I think I'll go there often cause it's only one hour away and I like skiing ;) Kadda and Emilie also went there today and got ski pass and skiis.
Well, we started our perfect ski day with an easy first ride...u think! No...Jonas knew the best slope for all of us...it was a hump piste..a black slope..It was a great start. It took like half an hour to get down and it was a combine of ploughing, slide down on my back, be positive for the kids, trying not to collapse of fear ;) hahahah...I'm really proud of Filip (8!) and Sofia (6!) they made it down without any broken legs ;)
We did some more turns and then lunch!
Jonas had fell down earlier on the day and hurt his shoulder so we went home after lunch. But then it was already 3 and Lotta and Jonas was going to a Christmas party and we were all tired after the rough day ;)
Back home it was nice with a hot shower cause I was really cold since I didn't have any ski pants ;) Or a real hat, or gloves or socks....why didn't I just bring everything from Sweden? I did find a cool pair of pants at the ski resort, a pink ones ;) I didn't try them but I have a ski pass so I'll be back!

Today's gift was charity!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

5 comments: