Sunday, December 27, 2009

Leavenworth Day II




This was the second day in Leavenworth and it started with good, hotel breakfast. I like those breakfasts where U have a lot of choosing from and don't have clean up after U ;)
We checked out and went to a place a bit outside Leavenworth were we could go horse slading. It was really cozy. There was a fireplace and a big Indian tent where U could have a cup of hot cup of chocolate. We were a bit early so we played in the snow for like an hour and it was funny. Cause I'm still a child I was in the snow with the kids and the adults watched us ;) I played a lot with Ebba, the smallest of the Stendah's kids and I felt that we connected a bit more than we have done before ;)
They had three slades and we got one for our own. The horses that dragged us were called Chip and Bud and they were enormous and extremely strong. I knew that horses were strong but I was really amazed. We were 11 people on the slade, which also must have been heavy, and they dragged us up hills like we weren't there. So cool!
The tour went through a forest with beautiful nature and houses. It was really nice, a bit cold, but nice. The horses had bells on them so it was all Christmassy and once we had to sing the Jingle bells ;)
At the farm, they had two dogs. One was half wolf and the other was a third coyote. It was really cool. One of them really looked like a wolf and I got scared cause they just came walking down the road. But then we realized they were nice ;) And they were so beautiful.
We went back in to town to get some lunch and then we took off to Seattle.
When we had gone like half an hour we came to a sign that said that the road was closed cause of an accident. The only thing was to turn around, go back to Leavenworth and take another way from there. Not so fun but was sleeping so it was OK ;)
Five minutes after we was home, Emilie called me and asked if I wanted to join them to the cinema. Hmm...I wanted but felt that I was too tired and I had some unpacking to do and some blogging ;) Maybe I'll go tomorrow.
Oh, today I also gave my Christmas gifts to the Stendahl's. Axel got some Cars, Agnes got a princess colouring book and Ebba got a story book. They liked them and that was good for me ;) Jenny and Henrik got a frame with a picture of the kids that I had made. I got one Starbucks cup (of ceramic, not paper ;)) a pizza slicer and a baking glass. It was so my food would taste good when I was longing for USA when I'm back in Sweden ;) How sweet of them ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment