Sunday, December 27, 2009

Leavenworth




This morning (Saturday) was also kind of early. Feel like all mornings are early ;) We all had breakfast and packed our things for a weekend in Leavenworth. The tiny mountain "German" village.
The drive there was nice ( I slept all the way ;)) and the weather was really nice. It was cold but sunny.
We arrived at 12.30 or something and cause we didn't get our room until 4 we went straightly to the sledge hill they had right in the middle of the town. It was really small and totally dangerous, but there were so many people. It was like they never had seen snow before. well, maybe that's true but some were crazy ;)
The kids had a great time, and so did I. We went down several times before Stendahl's came and then we had lunch. We had Wienerschnizel (of course ;)) and it was OK. That's not my favourite food but OK. To it U get something called "Sauerkraut" which is really sour. This is a word I'll start calling people who being a bit cranky or who I don't like. ;) "Hey, stop being such a Sauerkraut!" It's totally hilarious as Anna's Slater should have said (her two year old kid ;))
After lunch we went back to the hill and slided some more. This time with the Stendahl's as well and everyone had a great time.
After a while we were all cold and needed some hot chocolate to survive the rest of the day ;)
We found a Danish bakery that was really nice and there we all got some chocolate and a loaf that Jenny chaired with every one ;)
The hotel was really cute, called the Village Inn and was (as every other house) designed in a German stile with all the flourish that comes with that. I got my own room and it was really luxurious ;) I was so tired I could have fallen a sleep immediately but we were going out again for dinner and this time I had a Chicken burger. A bit better that the schnitzel ;)
The grown ups wanted to go out and do Leavenworth ;) so as the Super Au Pair I am, I stayed at the hotel and looked after all the kids. It was easy cause they were sleeping. Filip was in a separated room and we had those walkie talkies u have for babies so he could call me if there was any problem. I had to go to him four times so it was a lot of running ;) It was kind of scary too cause I had to make sure I had all the keys with me all the time cause when U closed a door it looked itself. Wouldn't have been so fun getting out locked from the kids. But I'm good so nothing went wrong ;)
I arranged some of my music and I'm finally getting some where with it. I have to organize some more until I can put it on my Ipod!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment