Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day





Yesterday (Thursday) we went to church (as I said ;)) and it was so cool. Really American with a huge assembly hall, a lot of people, gospel music and a cool pastor. It was a candle service that meant that we waited for the birth of Jesus (the 25th December) and then lighted a candle. It was really cool cause there were so many people and when every one held a light if was beautiful.
All the music was also amazing. The choir sang Christmas carols and of course it was gospel. There was one guy who had such a wonderful voice. I get chills just thinking about it.
I really enjoyed it, although it was a bit exaggerated with Jesus and that stuff ;) I liked the atmosphere, the music and every one was so nice. Me and Anna is thinking about joining that club ;) But actually we talked about looking up if we could do some volunteering thing there. Just to meet people, we'll see.
I came back from church around 12.30 so I just went to bed.

The Christmas Day started early cause it was Lotta's birthday. So she woke up by the harmonic voices of the rest of us ;) We had a nice breakfast all together and then we had cake, at 9 in the morning ;) A bit sweet. She got some presents and I gave her two movies that I really like. "Shakespeare in love" and "A knight's tale" I know that I'll watch them ;)
After breakfast, and when everyone was ready, we went to Snoqualmie to do some skiing during the day. We choose a perfect day cause there were not so many people in the slopes. It was good weather too, sunny but a bit windy. It was really fun and a great way of celebrating Christmas.
We came home around 4 and I was going to the Christmas party at Emilie's at 6. I had to shower and get ready and also make a dish to bring. I made a Swedish Christmas dish called: "Jansson's temptation" which is a potato gratin with tinned sprats cured in brine. I also brought some small sausages that we call: "Prince sausages"
I went to Emilie's with all my food, sweets and gifts and was ready to celebrate Christmas with my friends.
Emilie's host family and some relatives were still there so we all had to eat standing in the kitchen, but that didn't matter. There were so much food. Every one of us (9 people) had brought something plus that we had the left overs from the family. SOO MUCH!! And of course I had to try everything and it was really good but i got so full!
At the party was Emilie, Kadda and her friend, Nicole, Ramona, Anna, Hanna and her boyfriend and of course the host Emilie.
After the dinner we opened our presents. Me, who is the generous one, had a gift for everyone while the others played Secret Santa. That means that every one put a gift in a bag and then everyone takes one of the bag without knowing who it's from.
It was nice and I got Twilight Body Lotion and Shampoo (don't know what's with everybody thinking I like Twilight ;)) I also got some posters, chocolate, a bag for my make up, a sleeping mask and some candy. I like Christmas ;)
We also had dessert and it was so jummie. Anna had some German fruit cake, Emilie had a french chocolate "Log Cake" and I had brought some candy and Swedish Glogg! Also this time it was too good and too little place in my stomach ;)
After this we played the board game "Cranium" with her host parents. It was really funny. U play in team and there are different missions like drawing, singing, questions, puzzles etc and my team didn't win but we were a good second.
It was Marc and Susan that was the winners and after that we started to play Rock Band. And this was the demand from Marc and Susan so that we could be there for our party. They wanted to play Rock Band with us ;) Of course we said yes ;)
It was really fun and I did everything, sang, the drums, the guitar and base. My favourite is the guitar and I think I have to start with the guitar hero back home so I can upgrade to expert some day ;)
I came home at like 1 and I was really tired after this long day full of activities.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Det är aldrig fel med lite "Jansson's temptation"

    Peter Widlund

    ReplyDelete