Monday, December 21, 2009

First day of Winter



Today was, according to the calender, the first day of winter. But here U can't see any of that. I woke up tonight of a weird sound. And it took a while before I realized it was the rain! OMG, it was pouring down. I want snow!! What's the problem?
Today was also the first day of the kids winter break. I could sleep one hour longer that usual cause now we didn't have a time to catch. That was nice.
We started the day soft with some TV and breakfast. Then, the big thing for today, was the gingerbread house! We started with the "sugar-glue" (melted sugar) and I say OMG!! That was critical. It was really hot, it stiffen really fast and tiny to glue. But I finally made it, with sugar threads all over the kitchen ;)
Me and Sofia went to the store to get some icing sugar to make frosting with. When we went back, I realized it was time for lunch. We had stuffed pasta pillows (never remember the name ;))
Then we started decorating the house. We had white, yellow, red, green and blue frosting. Then we had MnM's, daim and Ahlgrens cars. It was fun but messy ;) But I guess fun is suppose to be messy? ;) Sofia and Filip made one roof side each and I made the sides. It's always fun to do this things with kids cause U have your own imagine in the head of how it will look but the result is nothing like it ;)
The rest of the day we spend with different games, colouring, we went to the park and some more games ;)
Lotta and Jonas had to go out for some Christmas shopping so I'm babysitting now in the evening as well. Right now, I'm in my 13th hour and I'm still going ;) The kids are asleep and I'm watching Forest Gump. Not that bad. Longing for Christmas and now it's only 3 days left ;)

Today's gift in the advent calender was peace.
Miss U all!
Love Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Sv: Ja det ska bli kul att fira jul med familjen :) ja det har blivit så att jag har åkt ner mkt nu den senaste tiden men det är bara för att det har varit kalas, konsert & nu jul hehe så efter nyår kommer det nog dröja innan jag åker ner igen el ja mamma fyller ju 50 nu i jan så då kommer jag ju åka ner men efter det så får det dröja lite :)

    Dom hälsar tillbaka :) Kram kram

    ReplyDelete