Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hard Rock!!!





Today has been a real tourist day in Seattle.
Emilie picked me up at 11 and then we picked Kadda, Anna and Hanna up before we went to Seattle and the International District to celebrate the Chinese New Year. We had read that there should be a like a market place with a parade and other fun stuff connected to the new year that is tomorrow. It's the year of the Tiger!
But there weren't much to see. Just some cool buildings and some dancing but then nothing. We didn't stay long cause it was raining to day as well, we decided that we wanted to see the library in Seattle. We all had heard that it's supposed to be cool but no one had been there.
We took the bus (they are free in downtown ;)) to the right address and there it was ;) The architecture was awesome! A huge building with windows all over and it was big, like 10 floor or sth. We went up to the highest viewing point and it was really cool. Cause of all the windows U could see a lot but of course we wondered how they washed the windows. Sadly there weren't any janitor who we could ask ;)
After some photos and some wow we went back out in the rain and walked to Pike Place where we wanted to see the famous chewing gum wall that we didn't go to yet. On our way we passed the freshly opened restaurant Hard Rock Cafe and we decided that we wanted to eat there. Well, me and Kadda decided that we wanted to eat there ;)
It's so cool, I love the place. I've been there a lot in Sweden and once in Copenhagen and now I can say that I've been in Seattle too ;) They opened last week and U could tell that they were not really in to all the organisation yet. The place looked grate and they had all this cool technology like a touch screen where U could vote on the music, and a cool buzzer to call on your waitress. But we had to wait really long for our food. They told us that they didn't really hadn't figure out the best way of working yet and that we should come back in a month, then they would be more ready. But the food was really good, although I got a Veggie burger ;) I didn't notice until I almost ate the whole burger. I was like: "This doesn't taste like meat" I had to ask her what I'd ordered and she told me it was all vegetables ;) I ordered a MEDITERIAN burger, maybe she heard wrong but I didn't read that close either so it could have been a veggie burger ;) But it was good so it was OK.
It was a really cool day in Seattle, even though it was raining but we should get used to that now.
Tonight I'm working and the Stendahls are here too. We saw a movie: Aliens in the attic. It was funny! And now the kids are sleeping, I hope ;)
The adults are out having a Valentine dinner cause tomorrow is the big hart day! I got some flowers from Lotta and Jonas and I also got $40!!! from Henrik and Jennie. That's really sweet of them, thank U!
Now I'm watching the Olympics but it's weird cause I think that everyone in Sweden already have seen all of this cause I could reed about it on Internet. I donno, maybe I got it wrong. I'm learning a lot of the American athletes ;) Right now, it's about Apolo Ohne :) Go Apolo Go!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment