Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Olympics



Today (Friday) it was still raining so it was a bit hard with the kids. Well, first me and Sofia made a board game together. I did a lot of them when I was younger and Sofia also found it really fun to do. She made a lot of Super ladders and super slides ;) Filip also made one of his own later and we played them a couple of times.
We went to the library here in Kirkland and the kids played on the computers and I got a moment on my own to read my book ;)
I always loved to go to the library when I was a kid. I liked to look at all the book and there were a certain feeling in the library. I still like to go there but the kids don't care about the books at all. I asked them if they wanted to rent any before we left but they were like: "U can take some" Ok!
It was raining, a lot!, so we ran to Starbucks to have some good drinks and snacks. I red some books to them (the ones I'd rented ;)) and we had a great time.
When we were back home it was a bit hard. Both the kids and me were bored since we couldn't go outside so there were some arguments and I'm just so tired of it. Sometimes they can be so rude and selfish and I'm just so tired of it.
Anyway, we watched some cartoons and then we had lunch. Me and Sofia went to QFC to get her some cupcakes for her last ski lesson. Meanwhile, Filip was home playing the computer.
Lotta and Jonas came home around 6 and they brought the SAAB! It's alive! The mechanics had fixed it but told us that we need to watch the oil level more often. I need to remind that since I'm the one who mostly drive them.
I was suppose to go skiing with them but I was so tired after the day with the kids so I just wanted to be home alone. Hanna called and asked if I wanted to come to her place but I was just too tired.
I went to QFC, got me a pizza, went back home and made it cozy in the sofa and got ready to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics! It was really cool. The visual effects was amazing and it was cool to watch it from the American view cause they are more proud of themselves then we are. All the introduction of their athletes and the images were full of so much emotions and I was really moved.
It's really sad, the death of the Georgian guy. Imagine being the next guy in the track, I would be so scared. And it awful for the other team mates and his family and the whole country. But it's also a terrible sport, I don't really see the fun part.
I was a real Olympic fan cause I watched the whole ceremony, from 7 until 12! I was like forcing my eyes to stay open when I was in my bed, watching Gretzky lightning the torch ;)
And I'm happy with Foppa as the flag carrier ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment