Sunday, February 28, 2010

Seattle and game night




Today (Saturday) I woke up of the kids being up screaming on their parents for breakfast. They also came and knocked on my door but there they had no luck. I was just screaming back that I was sleeping ;) Maybe not the best way but I was not working ;)
I took a nice shower cause I went to bed all sweaty since I didn't wanna wake everyone up after the soccer yesterday.
Hanna texted me and asked if I wanted to do anything and we decided to go in to Seattle to just "look" and walk around. Of course we were shopping, just a little ;) I bought a nice t-shirt at H&M that is a bit longer and white and black stripes, a "Fräsch rand" as Jennie would have said ;)
U also bought the cutest panties at American Eagle Outfitters, it was so bright and nice colours that I couldn't resist ;) And I actually needed some new underwear so that was good.
We took the bus back home when we were satisfied but we decided to have a little gathering at her place later that evening cause she was home alone for the weekend.
Back home, I organised with people who wanted to join while I was on my computer.
Stendahl's came here, as usual, and the kids were crazy in the stairs ;) They put all the pillows they could find and lay them in a pile and then just jumped. Hahah...nothing for the weak persons ;)
Katherine picked me up and we went to Hanna's place were the others already were. There was Anna, Ramona, 3 other German au pairs, Hanna, me and Katherine. We all had brought some kind of sweets so we had A LOT. There were chips, popcorn, candy, Vegan cupcakes ;), Champagne, beer and of course ice cream ;)
We started with a game called Cranium which is a board game where U must pass different tasks to move on. There are four different categories. One is creative where U must draw or make a model out of clay. Another is about word and can be like puzzles or spell a word backwards. There is one like charades and the last one is pure knowledge. It's really fun and we were in teams and of course my team won! It was me, Anna and one of the other Germans.
We played another game that was called Apple to Apple which was about finding a synonymous word to a main word. It was also really fun and sometimes the synonymous were hilarious. I won that one too, not a surprise ;)
It was a really nice evening with a lot of laughter and sweets ;) But we also got some bad news. We have been planning to go to Vancouver tomorrow (Sunday) and Anna was supposed to drive but the brakes on her car are not perfect and her host dad didn't want her to take it that far. And the SAAB has problem with the battery so we thought it was too risky and the other girls are not allowed to take their cars.
We checked the buses and the train again but it's just too expensive and we can only stay there for about 5 hours so it was not worth it. It sucks so much cause we were really looking forward to it. But we decided that we would go some other weekend to Vancouver and that we'll meet in London 2012! That would actually be so cool. Like a Au Pair reunion ;)
Me and Katherine left kind of early cause she needed to be at the stable, where she's helping take care of the horses, at 6:30 AM!!! tomorrow. She dropped me off and the adults were playing WII but I didn't wanna be social so I went upstairs and decided that I wanted to start collecting the quarters from all the states ;) So I went through my piggy bank and wrote all that I had on a paper. I think I had maybe 6 or 7 and I need 51 ;) I hope I have enough time and I need to pay more with cash now so that I get some change back ;)
I also red a chapter in Breaking Dawn before I went to sleep!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

1 comment:

  1. That's right, if u're not working, u shouldn't bother :p

    ReplyDelete