Sunday, February 28, 2010

A new card and soccer




Since we didn't go to Vancouver today (Sunday) we wanted to do one of Anna's tourist-trail-card that she got for Christmas. She picked one that was on the Marsh Park that is just when U crossed the 520 bridge. Before we went there I had to stay at Anna's place for about an hour cause we needed to wait for Laura and Hanna who weren't really ready. We played Rock Band and it's so much fun! I rocked the drums while Anna was lazy with the guitar ;) I really need to get that when I get back to Sweden, it's awesome!
When Laura arrived we picked up Hanna and then we were on our way. As I said, the park is just after the bridge and it was so cool. We walked on these small bridges that combined some small islands and the water was really close and the view was nice. The Huskies stadium in the background and the mountains on the other side of the lake. There were a lot of canoes and boats enjoying the weather that was amazing. We've been really lucky during the weekends with the weather, it's still good! We also heard that U could see turtles and otters there among the rich bird life, but sadly we didn't see any of that. Just the regular duck and Canada goose. Were unusual ;)
When we had walked the loop, that took maybe an hour or so, we went to the University village and checked out the stores there for a while before we went home.
I needed to be back home before 5:30 cause Jen was picking me up for the soccer game. It was at the same field as last time, in Seattle and we played team Twanda who were good. In halftime it was 0-0 and it was a really tough game, but we should have had a lead cause we were pressing so hard on their side and had the ball almost all of the time in the end.
In second half I was got the sweeper position and that's when it went wrong ;) They came on our left side and I was in the middle. Al (who was the keeper) ran out to stop the girl with the ball but she shoots the ball beside her against the goal. Fortunately, it wasn't hard so I manage to catch up with it before it came to the goal. Good, that we all. Sandra saved us! But no, when I was gonna clear it, I shot it right on their player who was running against the goal and it bounce on her in the net! Can U believe it! How hard can it be to just put away a ball? OMG, I felt so bad and I hated to be stuck in D cause I wanted to make up my mistake by a goal. Jen switched with me for a while, but it wasn't enough.
Fortunately we scored once as well so the game ended a tie, but we could have won if I hadn't screwed it up. Bummer!
Early in the game, I got stamped on my toes and now it's all blue and sore. I don't think it's broken cause I can move it, but I'll see how it feels tomorrow.
Now, I'm watching the closing ceremony from Vancouver and just had a Donut from Krispy Creme where the family had stopped after a day skiing in Snoqualmie. And I have a few more that I can enjoy during the week ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

(I put on some pictures later)

No comments:

Post a Comment