Monday, March 1, 2010

Finally a new fridge!!!



Today, I woke the kids and got them started for a new school week with everything that comes with that. The weather today was nice and it was a great morning.
I had my phone with me everywhere cause today our new fridge was supposed to come and they were gonna call before they delivered it and I didn't wanna miss the call. They said that they had been here two times the last week and called twice as well but that's just bullshit cause I was home and had my phone with me. So this time I didn't wanna get them a chance for an excuse.
I went to QFC and bought two bags of ice for our temporary fridge, a Amazon box ;), cause I didn't know when the new one was coming.
Today was also the day for the last payment on the house that my family is gonna rent while they are here. So I went to the bank and made a withdrawal from my Swedish account where my mum had transferred the money. When I walked out of the bank I had $1800 in my hand! Can U guess how near it was that I went to the mall instead? ;) No, I called the couple and we decided that I should bring the money just before I went to pick up the kids.
The fridge guys came just when I ate my lunch so I just sat by the kitchen table, eating my noodle soup and watching Desperate Housewives while they were working. Felt good ;) To have someone else doing the work. Like my dad ;)
The new fridge is a bit bigger, than the old one, so it's coming out of the wall a bit but that's ok I think. As long as it works. And we still have water in the door so I'm happy ;)
I picked up the kids and when I was at Agnes, mum and dad called and were all anxious about how everything had went today. And when I told them that I had forgotten to ask for a receipt they almost freak out. So I promised to go back and get one, which I did with Sofia while Filip made his homework.
Filip has a project in school where they are writing about an insect. Filip chose grasshopper and today we did the cover of his work. He did really well and in the end, he is going to make a 3D model of an grasshopper and put it in a shoe box where we are gonna make it's habitat. It's a fun project, even for me ;)
I had my Spanish today and it went well. It was the second to last time now and I can't believe it's already been like 8 weeks since I started. OMG!! Well, time flies.
I got some really good chicken salad when I got home cause Jonas had had a meeting with the board of the Swedish school. Now Lotta and Jonas are cleaning the new fridge and I'm just watching...hahah, let others work for U ;)
Surprisingly, I'm not tired at all today. I'm usually tired after a whole day and then college, but today it's ok. I hope I'm not tired in the morning instead.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment