Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!!




21 today!! Can't believe it's one year since I celebrated my last birthday ;) It was so funny when I checked my mail and I had like over 100 from Facebook of people saying Happy Birthday. Facebook is good in that way, that U can see when every one's birthday is so I got messages from people I didn't speak to in a long time which is nice!
The day started as usual but only a bit later since the kids have spring break so no school today. We had decided to celebrate me in the evening together with my family so no singing in the morning this time.
Lotta and Jonas went to work and things went back too normal, well except that I had my family like 10 minutes away ;)
They came here and I packed a little bag and we went out to show them Kirkland. First we went to the waterfront where the kids fed the ducks and we just enjoyed the sun. It was a bit cold in the wind but the sun was still warm and nice.
We continued our walk through the little downtown and meanwhile the kids and me went to the park, the adults wanted to check out the stores a bit.
At the park, we all played basket ball and the kids really love my brothers. They all play and have a lot of fun together.
When the others came back, they had been at Starbucks so now they looked all American ;)
After maybe an hour there it was time for lunch and we wanted to eat out since it was my birthday and then we didn't have to go back home. But then it's the problem with Filip's braces. He can't chew anything. So while the others tried to find a place where we could eat, me and Filip went to QFC to but him some liquid food or sth. We ended up with some yogurt and a banana. It's so sad for Filip, and he's gonna have it like this for one month :(
We ate at Zeke's pizza place and it was really good and we were happy to be able to have a easy lunch again ;)
We drove to a park in Juanita where we wanted to see some turtles. I didn't knew there could be any if it's not a tropical environment, but I was wrong ;) There were a lot, sunbathing on the logs ;) It was really cool and my family was impressed and so was I.
Filip was so happy cause Eric and Robin played tag with him and for once he got someone who wanted to play with him and didn't give up (like I always do ;)) They were all sweaty afterwards and Robin didn't have to go out running later tonight cause he had got his exercise now ;)
We went to QFC and bought the ingredients for tonight's birthday dinner: Italian chicken gratin with pasta, I love it!
My family went back to their place to refresh and rest a bit but Eric stayed here and played with the kids. It was so good for me cause I needed some time alone. The day had been pretty tough cause I had put a pressure on myself that it was my job to make sure that every one have a good time since I was the one inviting them. So it was a bit hard having so many people around but after some alone time everything was good.
I had the mission to make the dinner for all 11 of us! I regret that I didn't ask for help ;) It was a lot to do and I was stressed from the clock but I'm glad that I had Eric here so I didn't have to worry too much for the kids.
Lotta and Jonas came home from work and they helped me with the last preparations and we actually manage to fit everyone around the table. It's a lot of work preparing dinner for 11 people and I can't imagine how people with like 8 kids manage! I'll have like covered-dish suppers where everyone brings sth if I'm gonna have a dinner party again ;)
When my family came they met Jonas for the first time since he was at work yesterday, and when Robin was going to introduce himself he said: "Hi, I'm Johan" hahaha that's his friend's name. Totally hilarious!
It was a really nice dinner and everyone said it was good so I'm proud ;) We talked and I think they all enjoyed the others company so I'm happy. I was never really worried about that but it felt good.
For dessert we had a strawberry/rhubarb pie with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. I hadn't made that but it was still delicious and my stomach was screaming afterwards cause I had eaten so much.
I opened my presents while we were seated at the table. I love presents ;) I got $205 all together from my family, my aunt and uncle and my grandma. It's going to my trips so it's super good! From my host family I got a needed new cell phone ;) It's a Nokia X3 and it looks really cool. It's black with red details and it's one where U have to shove up the display to get to the numbers. I don't really know how it works yet cause I need to charge it over the night but tomorrow I'm gonna take some time and go through it. I'm so happy!!
So today was the first whole day with my family here and I'm really happy right now. It's a bit awkward but I know that they are soon gone and I need to enjoy every moment of having them cause then I wont see them again in 6 months!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment