Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 5 Last day with shopping in Soho




Today (Monday) was Sirpa's birthday! Grattis Grattis! She didn't want us to celebrate her in some special way but a Happy Birthday hug was in order ;)
The weather was awful today, it was windy and raining. We didn't have much luck with the weather on this trip but I think today was the worst.
After our last breakfast at this hotel, we packed our bags and checked out. We hurried so that we could catch one bus before our tickets expired. We went of in Soho for some shopping. We had seen some nice shops on the tours and we hadn't really done any shopping. But the weather was so boring that we didn't spend so much time there. I think I went the wrong direction cause I didn't find that many nice stores. I went on my own cause I didn't want to wait for 6 other people and I guess that they didn't wanted to run with me everywhere ;)
I did buy a longer, striped shirt that was kind of thin so I think it will be nice for the summer. There were also one store that I fell in love with. It was a jewelery store that was all pink and the walls were covered with necklaces and bracelets. They had all jewellery U can imagine and I bought two rings and a necklace to Sofia. It was with a cat and some diamonds and I think she will be happy.
We had lunch at a Italian restaurant in Little Italy ;) It was very nice!
My parents think that we have only been eating on this trip. It has been a bit twisted cause we have always had a big lunch and than a small dinner cause everyone are so full. They are glad that they soon have their own kitchen they can cook in ;)
After lunch, we went back to the hotel by cab. That's an adventure I can tell U! They drive as they want, and it goes quickly. But it's effective and U get where U want without paying too much.
The hotel arrange a shuttle for us cause the last night we are staying at another hotel, much closer to the airport. A puerto rican (or sth) drove us and he looked just like Antonio Banderas, the guy who plays Zorro ;) He had a nice car, a black Escalade, and he talked Spanish or sth all the way in his phone. But the traffic there were awful. I think it took like an hour to get to the new hotel and everyone were totally exhausted after that trip.
When we had checked in, I went to sleep immediately while the others went to the bar ;) This trip has been so breathtaking and exhausting and I guess that I haven't really been sleeping.
When it was dinner time, we went to the restaurant in the hotel and had a nice dinner. No one was really hungry, except Robin, but everyone ate their whole plate. I guess we all have been American after this trip ;)
Robin, Eric and i went upstairs and watched a street magican that we had talked about, Chris Angel, before we all went to bed at 9! We had to get up at 5 tomorrow so we wanted to have some sleep.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment