Monday, March 8, 2010

Tourist, Au Pair meeting, soccer, the cops and the Oscar




Today (Sunday) I slept a little longer in the morning. I waited until the family was out of the house and then I went down in my pyjama and had breakfast in front of the TV. It was really nice and I like to start the morning a bit slow.
I got myself ready for the day and packed the things I needed for a whole day in Seattle. Emilie was picking me up at 1 and then her, me, Kadda, Ramona and Hanna went to Seattle to first act tourists and then we had our monthly au pair meeting.
First we went to the Pacific Science center to get tickets for Alice in Wonderland that we are gonna watch next Friday with Ramona's boyfriend. Finally we get to meet him! And at this cinema we get the tickets cheaper cause we have a Microsoft Card with some discount!
Then we went to the famous Troll sculpture that is under a bridge at Troll Ave ;) It's big and really cool! So we took some pictures and climbed on it and saw all the poor, homeless people that has a shelter under the bridge. So sad!
When we were satisfied, we went to the University District and this is a really cool place. There are almost only young people, there are a lot of nice little restaurants and shops and the atmosphere was just relaxed and so nice. We found a great recycle store where they sold clothes, shoes, bags, accessories etc and it was really cheap. I loved that one! They had so much cool stuff but it was so much so I bet we missed the most of the good stuff. This time I brought a shirt but I'll be definitely coming back!
Then we walked to the famous University Garden where they have Cherry trees that are blossoming now. The University Campus is like a big labyrinth so it was a bit hard to find it. But we asked some nice people that explained the way and then we found it. And it was so beautiful! The garden was in between big, old houses and the tress were full of white/pink flowers. There were a lot of people as well and everyone wanted a picture with the trees. Too bad the weather wasn't that good today. It was cold and cloudy! So we didn't stay that long cause we also needed to find our way to the Au Pair meeting that actually was at the campus but we needed to find the right building.
This meeting was together with all the different groups in the whole Seattle area, so it wasn't just our group. I think there were about 50 au pairs from all over Seattle and it was really cool. We were at a Game floor in the Husky Union Building and there U could bowl, play pool, play table tennis, video game etc. The facility was a bit old and not in perfect condition but it was nice. We started with bowling but as soon as the food came we took a break. It was pizza and it was so good!!
Me and Hanna needed to go earlier cause we had our soccer game. Anna, a team mate, picked us up and the game was at the same field as last week. Hanna was a bit nervous cause it was her first game for so long now that she didn't knew if she was gonna be good. But she was so there was no problem.
We didn't have a full team and we even had some other players who, as Hanna, don't usually play with us. But we played really good and I felt like I was on fire. I so badly wanted to score but I couldn't. I don't know how many shot I took or how many chances I had but either the goalie saved it or I missed. I was so frustrated! How hard can it be? I don't wanna be a defender but I guess when U can't score, there's where U end up. But I did two assist and Hanna get to do a goal! We won the game with 3-1 and it felt really good when we drove home.
From my place, I drove Hanna home and now i can check something else of my list of things to do here. I've been pulled over by the police! We drove pass a red light and suddenly it started to flash blue and red in my mirror. I was so nervous and I didn't get why I was pulled over. Hanna was as hyper as I was and we both wondered what I had done. What had I done wrong?
When the guy came he told me that I had a broken head light. Pfew! He was really nice and this was good cause now I'm no longer afraid of the police! He just gave me a warning and I had to promise that we would fix it and that I should drive safe. Yes sir! We were just giggly and relieved that it wasn't anything more serious and the rest of the drive I was just scared that I would be stopped again ;)
Back home me and Lotta watched the Oscar. I never saw one before but it was really nice. We commented on every dress or the hair and if it was the right person who won. There were one movie, Hurt Locker I think the name was, that got so many Oscars. I never heard of it before and I need to check it out cause it seems good.
Lotta had recorded it so we didn't need to watch the commercial, which was good cause it was really long. She also recorded the show from the red carpet, but I'll see that tomorrow.
Sandra Bullock was the winner of best actress and I was really happy for her cause she has never even been nominated before and she was so good in The Blind side so she really deserves it. And her speech was really emotional and U could see that she was touched and happy about this!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment