Friday, March 26, 2010

My Family New York Day 1



Today (Thursday) I walked with the kids to school with a sad feeling inside. I know that I'm only gonna be away for 5 days but I couldn't help feeling that I'll miss them. If I feel this when I'm only away this short, how will I feel when I'll go home? I don't even wanna think of that now.
When I came home again I went over my packing and I looked through every part of my room to see if I had missed anything. I don't like to pack cause I never know what to bring and I'm always afraid to forget anything. But then, I'm going to New York so I guess I can buy it there ;)
At 10:30 Anna, my dear, came and drove me to the airport. I was sad leaving her too! But it was nice to finally be at the airport. OMG! After so many months of talking and planning, the day was finally here when I was gonna meet my family, after 7 months!
The check-in went smooth and I got through the security without any problem. I needed to go to the bathroom and I had one hour left before my flight was. But of course they were cleaning the women's bathrooms so there were only two family restrooms for us to use and the line was loooong! I was a bit stressed but then they opened the bathrooms and I didn't miss my flight ;)
The flight was good, long but that I knew ;) My seat was pretty in the back and I was next to a Jewish guy from Israel and he had his book and sang some songs from time to time ;) I couldn't really sleep but I was resting with my music in my ears and the time wasn't that slow as I though and before I knew it, I was in New York!!
When I went in to JFK I had a lot of butterflies in my stomach and I searched from mum and dad who I knew were already here. When I peeked out of a door, I saw toe familiar faces! I ran to them and crying I fell in to their arms. Oh what a wonderful moment. I couldn't say anything, I just cried. Eric was also there and he had really grown! Robin, my aunt and uncle where at the other terminal, guarding the luggage.
This feels so unreal, my family here! OMG I'm so happy and I feel now that I've really missed them. But this is also so unlike our family. I mean, we are the type that stays in Sweden with our caravan. And now we all are in New York, together!! OMG!
After we got my luggage we went to the others and it was really nice to meet them as well. We took a car that took us to our hotel and it was a bit far. All the others were really tired of the long flight and with the time difference. But I had energy since I'm only three hours behind. I guess I'll be tired in the morning.
Our hotel is called Comfort Inn and it's just behind Empire State building so on Manhattan. It's pretty close to everywhere and it looks good. There were almost an disaster just when we arrived at the hotel. I couldn't find my laptop bag anywhere, and no one had taken it. I was totally freaked out but then I called the driver, a good thing that we got his number! And he was already on his way back cause he had seen it. Thank God the driver was a honest man!
I'm staying with Sirpa and Janne (my aunt and uncle) and the room is a bit small and smells like someone has been smoking a lot there but I mean, we are just sleeping there so it's OK.
It was like 10:30 or sth when we arrived and me and Eric were hungry. I didn't have a real lunch on the plane cause I thought it was included but it wasn't. So we went to the bar/restaurant in the hotel and we had a good pizza. We sat there for a while and the adults had a beer (only 6 days left ;))
I wasn't tired when we went to bed so I listened to some music and Janne is snoring really much so I used some earplugs but they were so good that I couldn't hear anything. It was kind of creepy, just hearing some hiss inside my head ;) I almost wanted the snoring more but then I fell asleep.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Hej kusin!!

    Vad roligt att du äntligen får träffa familjen igen. Hoppas att ni får det jätte bra på semestern! Och ta en massa massa kort hehe och ha det super bra! Kram kram!!

    ReplyDelete