Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 3 Empire State building & Hard Rock





OMG, today we all were really tired. It's a hard deal being a tourist in New York ;) My mum had also got migraine during the night so she stayed in bed this morning. We all had a great breakfast today as well, with the chocolate donut ;)
We took another bus tour today, the one who goes through uptown Manhattan where we saw a lot of museums, churches, Central Park among others. It was soooo cold, OMG! We tried to wait for a bus with a roof but it never came one so we took one without roof but we still wanted to sit upstairs to get good pictures. I don't think I've ever been so cold. And now I'm not used to the cold either but the others were also freezing.
The tour was really nice with a lot of nice buildings and the guide was all in to architecture so we got some good details from all the creations. We saw the National Museum of History and I so wanna go there. It's the museum from the movie: "A night at the museum" and I think it's pretty cool!
Central Park was really big and I think it's fascinating that they have such a big area in the middle of the city. Great for the people!
We decided to walk to the Times Square instead of taking the bus all the way, cause we were too cold. And I was so cold that I couldn't stop rattle my teeth or relax so my back was hurting so bad. It was really weird, I thought I would be used from the cold of Sweden but no viking at all ;)
It was lunch time and I wanted to go to Hard Rock Cafe and convinced everyone that it was really good. We called mum and she was feeling better so she should meet us there. I'm so glad that she could join us and not be in bed all day.
The restaurant, which I think is the coolest and best every where ;), was at Times Square and we could walk there. Our hotel is located really great, we can walk to almost everything. Well almost ;)
Anyway, the Hard Rock was awesome! Huge and this cool, rocky atmosphere that they are famous for. I love it! we got a table and ordered our food, which of course was delicious. The others thanked me for suggesting this and I said that U are never disappointed at Hard Rock! We went to the shop, when we were done, and I bought my first Hard Rock t-shirt! It's a plain, black one with their logo on and then it says New York. I'm gonna buy the same in Seattle as well!
We walked back to the hotel and looked in shops on our way back. We decided to go up the Empire state building that's just around the corner from the hotel. On our way there, a lot of tourist guides tried to stop us to buy tickets but we just said: "Already got one" It's crazy how many people there is trying to sell U their tourist package. But that's their living so.
In the building there were of course a security gate and then we had to wait in line maybe 30 minutes or so before we could go in a elevator that took us 86 floor up ;) It was high! The view was amazing and U could see all over Manhattan and over the rivers to Brooklyn and New Jersey. U could also see the Statue of Liberty, really small but still. We took some grate pictures and the yellow taxi cabs looked like ants ;) I'm so amazed of how they can build so high, around 400 m I think it was. It's just so cool!
After like half an hour we were done and we took the elevators down again. I wonder how long it would take to walk down the stairs. Apparently there is a world record in running up the stairs. Robin said it was about 18 minutes! OMG!
When we got out, we didn't really know what to do so we walked back to the hotel, me and Sirpa went another way so we came to the biggest Macy's in the world! We didn't went in, just checked the open hours.
I was so tired when we got back to the hotel, but the time was only about 8:30 so we went out again cause we needed sth to eat and the grown ups wanted a beer or sth. They found a nice place where they could get sth to drink but us kids went to Wendy's (a burger restaurant) and brought some food to the hotel room. There we watched Terminator 2 and just ate candy after dinner ;) It was nice, hanging out with my brothers again. Just wrestling and goofying around as usual ;)
Now I'm so tired that I almost can't hold my eyes open, I need some sleep cause tomorrow's gonna be a long day again!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment