Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 6 Goodbye New York Hello Seattle



Today the alarm went off at 5 am!! It was early, but I had had a nice night's sleep. It was too early for the breakfast at the hotel so we just packed our bags and went to the airport with the shuttle.
Cause our flight wasn't until 8:20, we had time to eat breakfast there. We took some sandwiches and fruits and also bought some to bring on the plane since there is no food serving on domestic flights.
The flight was rescheduled so we could border a bit earlier, but we still took off an hour later that planned. There were so much traffic and when we got out on the start track, there were like 15 planes ahead of us. And it was raining really bad but the staff was calm. I guess rain is nothing to worry about.
Finally we were in the air and I was just in the row in front of mum and dad so that was nice. We were still in the very end of the plain so the noise was awful but I had my earplugs so that was nice. I was mostly trying to sleep during the whole flight. Sometime I played a question game they had on the screen but it was a bit to hard.
It was nice to see the familiar surroundings and to land on home ground. On the airport it all went smooth and we all got our luggage. Lotta and the kids met us there and it was really nice to see them all again. The kids were really glad to see me again and Sofia told me that she had missed me so much. She had brought some gifts that she had made. A bookmark and a letter/drawing. So sweet! Filip had just got his braces and he's all colourful in the mouth now, but it hurts.
My family went to get their rental car and I went with Lotta and the kids to their car since we didn't really know how much luggage the car could take. We waited for them outside the garage but missed them so we had to catch them on the freeway but the we led the way to our house. The rental car is a blue dodge van and it's really new and cool ;)
Since it was already lunch, Lotta went to Noah's and got us some bagels while Sofia and Filip showed my family the house. The kids played some WII with my brothers and Robin accidentally hit Eric in the face with the remote, what a great start here ;)
I made some noodle soup for the kids and when Lotta came back, we all had some salmon bagels. Jummie!
I shoved my family the way to their house and pointed out where they could go and shop for food. I went back immediately cause Lotta needed to take Filip back to the dentist cause there was a thing that had come loose. Me and Sofia played beauty salon and unpacked my bags. The kids were glad for my gifts, the necklace for Sofia and Filip got a Sonic movie (the blue hedgehog)
It just feels nice to be back but a bit weird to have my family in MY kitchen. In New York we were on vacation but now it's my routines and work. I think it's gonna be a bit weird but at the same time I'm so glad that they also can see how my life is here.
We made dinner and Sofia took a bath and life was back to normal ;) After dinner I went to my family's house and checked how everything was going. They seemed to be fine and I went to Starbucks to see my friends again! OMG I've missed them so much so it was really nice to see them. Both Anna and Emilie had cut their hair and Emilie is now a brunette instead of blond! That was a real change but it suited her really good!
I went home just after an hour cause I needed to write here and I was also tired. I want to go to sleep as fast as possible so it can be my birthday quickly! Well, in Sweden it's already my birthday!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Big City Folks!
    Heres a big buddely boo hug from your redneck cousins from hillbillie Hulteboda.
    See ya´ll having miiiighty fine time in the big red apple. Sure y´all gonna have some great stories to bring back to us and alot pictures showin us how big everything is "over there". Give our love to everyone and..Well have jolly good day now since its your birthday and all so...Happy Birthday Sandra!!!! Love and kisses from Leon, Noah, Anna and Uncle Mike. Ps. we´ll soon send you some pictures of how small and ordinary things are here =) We´ll be watchin ya!!

    ReplyDelete