Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veterans day!




Today (Wednesday) it's Veterans day, which I think means that we should honor and congratulate old soldiers and mariner? I'm not really shore but the kids were off from school anyway. Yesterday they also wore clothes with the colour red, white and blue and they sang some songs about the flag and stuff.
So me and the kids had a whole day together, and we had planed (or I ;)) a field trip to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. We took it pretty cool in the morning, watching some TV and had our breakfast. We left so that we arrived little after 10 and first we had to wait in the line cause there were many people who wanted to go inside. The center is a place with different exhibits and shows about science. For example there was one section about dinosaurs, one about insects and one about experiment. It was really cool and there were a lot of things for the kids to go round and look and try. Hopefully they learned something ;) In the insects area they had a butterfly room where you could go inside and watch the butterflies fly around you. It was cool but a bit scary. I didn't want them to land on me and I was afraid that I would step on them. But they were beautiful.
They also had this big IMAX cinemas, which is a huge screen and the sound is amazing. It feels like you are practical in the movie. We saw A Christmas Carol in
3D with Jim Carey. It was good, I like the story but it was a bit scary for the kids. Fortunately they understood it was all a dream and not real. And the end is happy so I don't think they took any damage ;)
After the movie we went home for a late lunch and then directly to the mall to get Filip some new Jeans. His old ones are to short and he looks like he works at Microsoft ;) At least that's what my host mum tells me!
When we were in Bellevue I can swear that I saw Fredrik Ljungberg, I think ;) He was standing at a crosswalk when I turned and I almost hit a car in front of me cause I couldn't stop looking ;) From now on I'll hand in Bellevue every day ;)
We found three pair of pants and I'm really proud of Filip cause he was the one who picked out them. Well I chose like 5 pairs and he could pick the ones he liked. ;) Then the kids got a frosty at Wendy's cause Sofia had earned a free Frosty at school. We went home and did some home work, played with cards and prepared dinner.
Instead of dinner, I went to the gym cause I thought that I needed to do an hour on the tread mill since it's been a while since I've been there. I had to leave almost immediately I entered the gym. There were so many people that I couldn't find a single machine for me. Instead, I went to Starbucks and red my book ;)
I wrapped all my Christmas present so now I just have to think how I'll pack them and if I have to send anyone...hmm
I ended the evening by watching Jonas when he played Halo on his new XBOX. Really fascinating ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra!

No comments:

Post a Comment