Sunday, November 1, 2009

A spooky weekend!










American Halloween, WOW!!! I really haven't got any time to write any sooner cause it has been a full weekend. So I'll try to tell you as much as possible.
Let's start with Friday:
Today Lotta was working from home cause they are moving her office. I went to the gym for the first time this week after been feeling sick. The yoga is getting better and better and I really think it's good for both my body and soul ;)
Me and Lotta had lunch in a Asian restaurant and the food was really good, but a bit spicy. I'm not use to that kind of food but I'll certainly get some more of that.
At home I called my parents, mum is having migraine. Poor her, I hope you get better. Then I watched TV, I finished season 1 of Friends ;) Then we picked up the kids and went directly to Jonas job cause the kids were gonna trick or treating there. They had decorated the whole office and it was really cool. The kids went through every office in the building and gathered a lot of candy. Then we went to another Microsoft building (there's a lot of them here ;)) and it was so cool. The decorations were awesome and there were a lot of people dressed out in cool outfits. They also had a hunted house there and after we had dinner we stood in the long line to get in. But it was totally worth it. We walked through corridors with different themes. For example: Pirates, Charlie and the chocolate factory, night at the museum. It was so cool, the decorations were amazing and I'm impressed about the time that people had put down on making this. And it was a bit scary sometimes as well. Like when we went through some kind of slaughter room where they were chopping limbs and chased us with arms and legs. ;)
It was really much people and the traffic was awful but it was great.
When we got home I almost immediately went to Anna's house to have a horror movie night. We rented The Mist and Underworld Evolution. They weren't really horror movies and not so good but I had a great time with a lot of candy, popcorn and some pudding. Thank u Anna ;) She has a dog and a cat and the cat really liked me. He slept on my arm and was really cosy. Too bad that I'm allergic ;)
OK, now Saturday:
Halloween!!! This morning, or better to say midday ;) I went to Bellevue to have lunch with the girls. We ate at Panera Bread, mostly famous for their soups that's served in a bowl of bread. They're good but I had a sandwich instead. We then went to the mall and I got really tired and it took a while before we got home. I wanted to take a nap before I started getting ready for the big party!! So excited! The family was all decorating the house when I got home so we had spider web at the entrance. Really spooky! The Stendahl's came here and the kids went Trick or treating on our streets. Oh, they were so cute. Ebba was an octopus, Axel was Spiderman and Agnes was a unicorn. Sofia was Snowwhite and Filip was a hero/soldier. It was so cool to go along the street and watch all the other kids, and all the decorations. From one house there was even horror music coming from one garden, so cool! You don't see or hear that in Sweden ;)
The kids got so much candy, it was crazy. Filip poured out all his candy on the table and you couldn't see the table ;)
The kids had dinner before they went trick or treating and now they sat in front of the TV and ate candy. Then we, grown ups, had dinner. So good! Potatoes au gratin and beef. Jummie ;) Then it was time for me to get ready. I put the make up on, did my hair and put on the dress. Oh, it was so much fun. The girls picked me up at like 10:30 and it felt like a prom or something. Lotta was like, Oh I have to have a picture on all of you and it was so much fun ;)
We went to the party at this American guy's place and it was so cool. In the beginning it was kind of weird, going to a house where you don't know anyone. We were like: "Shall we knock or do we just go in?" And we stood in the corner first and probably looked really stupid but then it came more people and they started getting drunk so it got better ;) It was so cool. There was a bear can, the red cups and everyone was standing all time in this small space. It was so American and everyone has such a cool costumes. There was a SWAT soldier, the crazy hat maker from Alice in wonderland, Vampires a hockey player etc. We had really fun and I met a lot of nice people, both Au Pairs and Americans. And Elliot, the host, is so cool. He has this kind of parties every month so we'll probably go there several more times ;)
Tonight it was time to change the clock as well so we got an extra hour ;) As an ending of our night we went to McDonald's and had some fat food ;) It was a really fun and amazing night!
Sunday: I woke up of the sun shining through my window. And I tell you that, what a sun. The day has been beautiful. The sun has been shining as on a early spring day and it has been warm in the sun but cold in the shadow. So I wanted to get as much as possible out of the weather so I picked up Anna and Hanna (a new Swedish girl) and went in to Seattle. Kadda and Emilie wanted to sleep some more so they would join us later.
We went to Pike Place market and walked along the water and at the market. It's so cool, and cosy. They have like fresh food, souvenirs, home made things and clothes. It's really nice to spend some hours there. We had lunch at a small Cafe where they had so good pizzas. Always the healthy food on weekends ;) Anna had brought some snacks and water cause she is used to be out with the kids ;)
Then we went to the Space Needle. Finally it was enough good weather. There we also met Kadda and Emilie and they had bought like a ticket for the whole year so they can go up whenever they want and also bring a friend. I didn't fell like I needed that but I can be the friend on their cards ;) We bought a ticket so we could go up twice. Once when it's light and one when it's dark. It was so cool. The observation deck, where we got up, is on 520 feet so we got a pretty good view ;) And the sun was just about to go down so it was really beautiful. You can see the Mt Rainer really good and all over downtown, and all the lakes and to Bellevue. Oh, it's so cool.
We went to the Westlake Center and there we had one of our favourite dessert: The Nutella crepe ;) an this time also with white chocolate and cinnamon ;) As healthy as ever ;) We went back to the needle when it got dark and it was so cool with all the lights everywhere. Sadly it was hard to get good pictures.
We were so tired and our feet and legs hurt, it was nice to get in the car and drive the way home. I had a great time and it has been a really fun weekend. Now waits a new week with work and I cannot think of a better day to start November with than today ;)

Miss you all!
Love Sandra

2 comments:

  1. Here you have a lot to read and a lot of pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej kusin!! Vad roligt det lät, kul att du lägger ut lite bilder :) Fin kläning du hade :) kram

    ReplyDelete