Monday, June 7, 2010

Du gamla du fria...





Today (Sunday) we woke up early and I didn't feel good and was kind of pissed. My throat was sore, I was so tired and it was raining so heavy. I thought it was only raining in Seattle? ;)
We had planned to go to some waterfalls but with this weather no one was really feeling like it. Instead, we went to IKEA since it's Sweden's national day!! "Du gamla du fria du fjäll höga nord..." :) We walked through it all and when we came to the restaurant we had some cake and coffee. I had Swedish pancakes and our traditional princess cake to celebrate this big day ;) I don't think they knew that it was the national day of Sweden so I first thought of singing the national anthem on a table in the restaurant but I was to scared ;)
Laura bought a lot of stuff for her kids and family, I just bought some candy for me ;) Ahlgrens bilat, Daim and Lantchips ;) Jummie!
When U are done and have walked out of IKEA, they sell hot dogs, cinnamon buns and other "Swedish" food and apparently the hot dogs are really popular in Germany. They go there just for the hot dogs, so we had one before we left.
Now, it didn't rain so much so we went to the waterfalls anyway. The drive there was beautiful and we saw a lot of the nature. It's nothing special, the same as in Washington but I like the nature so it was nice. The waterfall was really cool. It was high and steep and was like divided in to two, first a long and then a short level. There was a bridge just over the short level and it was really cool to stand there and look down.
At this time I was tired, wet and a bit irritated of the others who always talked German which was not so fun for me so I wanted to go home. We stopped at another waterfall as well but then it started to rain really badly so we went back home.
Me and Laura grabbed our bags, said goodbye and begun our drive home. This time there were a lot more traffic so it went slow.
Kadda called and asked if I wanted to see Sex in the city tonight, and first I said yes but I had to call back cause it took longer time to drive than I expected plus I started to get a fever so I just wanted to go home.
We stopped at Taco Bell in Tacoma and got some food, which made me feel a bit better but when I got home I was exhausted.
I just took a cup of tea, some painkillers, talked to the family and then went to bed, at 8!! I just wanted to sleep and hope I would be better in the morning.
Portland was no special but now I can cross that on my list ;) But next time I'll go some where, I make sure I have someone to talk to, I think it's more fun that way ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment