Monday, June 14, 2010

International Dessert Night





Today (Sunday) I wanted it to be as sunny and warm as yesterday so we could go to the beach, but no. Instead it was cloudy and windy so our trip to the beach had to be cancelled :(
Anna came to my place and Germany was playing against Australia so we wanted to watch it. Just as it was about to start, we remembered that they show games in the bars here in Kirkland so we hurried down to the Irish pub and we were lucky. It was also in the restaurant part so it was OK to be under 21, which was good for Anna. ;) There were some people and they had a big screen so it was a great atmosphere. We had lunch there at the same time and it was really cool to sit there and enjoy the game. German crushed Australia with 4-0 so there were a lot of pretty goals to enjoy, to bad that I was in company of a German who was a bit cocky ;) "WE did a great job..." She did a really good job ;)
When the game was over we went to the water front to try to get some sun, but it was too windy so we decided to go to Target and check for some Hawaii stuff. We didn't find any and soon it was time for Anna to go on her au pair meeting so she dropped me in Redmond where I met up with Kadda and Emilie. We went to some other stores but I didn't find anything for Hawaii. I want a dress for the beach and some tops, we'll see if I can find that somewhere.
We went to my place and I made the rest of the cake. I just covered it with whipped cream and then put strawberries all over, it was pretty ;)
Since it was a couple of hours until the party started, we went down to the baseball field to have a small dinner (hamburger ;)) and I brought some Swedish "Lantchips" from IKEA...jummie! We had brought a blanket, which was good cause it was COLD!!! Why??
Me and Kadda talked about Hawaii and did a first sketch of a schedule of what we shall do and when. I'm so excited, only 5 days left!!!
When it was time, we went to Juanita where Catherine, our area director lives, and on the way we stopped at a park to see if we could see some turtles. But it was too cold for them too so no luck this time.
At Catherine's, three other au pairs had already arrived so with us it was 6. We waited some, but there were no one more so we started. Emilie had brought crepes, Kadda had pudding, there were a pasta salad and strawberries and a cake. Jummie!! And my cake was good, just a bit hard but OK. we talked about awful au pair stories where the au pair married the host dad or got pregnant. It was a lot of fun and everyone had something to share which horrified Catherine ;)
One hour late came a new au pair from Argentina and she had brought some cookies that were really good. After 2 hours, the Brazilians came (they are always late) and they had something really good. It was like truffle chocolate,one with coconut and one chocolate. Jummie!!
When we couldn't eat anymore, and almost had to roll out of the house we left ;) I drove Kadda home and then I went home and talked a bit with Lotta and Jonas before I went to bed as well.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Spännande med au pair träffar, att träffa folk från så olika ställen i världen :) Jag hade lätt velat smaka på den där brazilianska coconut kakan! hehe.. Hoppas du har det bra, Sandra! Keep it up! Kram!

    ReplyDelete