Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Support the troops







Today (Friday) me and Anna started of with a great Midsummer breakfast with cereals, eggs, toasts, nutella etc. Jummy! Then we decided to go to the cool shopping mall they have here. It's supposed to be the biggest outdoor mall in the world...wow!! We took one of the cool trolleys from out hotel to the mall and it took like 15 minutes cause we went up and down every street and picked up people. I forgot to write that there is so many Asian people here, it almost feels like we are in Japan or sth cause everywhere U turn are Asian people and in stores it's written in English and then Japanese (or sth)
First we went to Wallgreens to develop the other underwater cameras we had, and then we went to the mall. It was huge!! It was three floors and so many stores. We went to Victoria Secret where they had this amazing sale. It was so cheap, both bras and panties. I bought one bra and 4 panties for like 20 dollar!! Thank U!
When we were happy, we got the pictures and then jumped on the trolley again and went back to the hotel and dropped ours stuff, packed the beach bags and then went to a restaurant called Duke's and got their lunch buffet. OMG, this was so good with a lot of fruits, salad and then both chicken and fish which were so jummy! The restaurant was located just at the beach so we had a great view over the ocean and all hot surfers ;)
We walked down to "our" beach and had our air mattresses this time to float on in the water. There were kind of high waves so it was hard to stay on the mats ;)
When we were dry, Anna went to the hotel to try to get her flight for tomorrow while I went to the grocery store to get the last stuff for our Midsummer dinner I was going to cook. It's so sad cause right now, all my friends in Sweden are at the west cost and partying, and I'm not there this year. But I'm on Hawaii with Anna and that's not too bad ;)
In the store I met another Swedish family that also was looking for Midsummer food, I talked with them and it was funny!
I got what I needed and went home to Anna who had a little panic for her flight home tomorrow, but whatever ;)
I took a shower and then boiled eggs and potatoes before we wanted to go and watch a hula dance we knew was for free tonight. But Anna needed to change some flight so and then we couldn't find her credit card so we were too late. But we walked to the beach cause every Friday, the Hilton hotel had a firework so we wanted to see that. We got a great spot and it was a really nice firework. We walked one last time on the beach back and it was kind of sad cause we don't wanna leave. But tonight it's party so we couldn't be too sad now.
Back at the hotel I set the table with potatoes, "sill" (herring), eggs, carrots, cucumber, watermelon, sour cream and of course "nubbe" (Schnapps) The Swedish flag was in the center and her was a great cultural exchange from me to Anna.
The meal was great and I almost wanted to cry cause I felt like I was home. The schnapps were a bit wrong, we had peppermint and banana, but whatever. They were strong and did their job ;)
For dessert we had strawberries with milk and that was so good!! I thought Anna how we sang when we drank the schnapps and we just had a great time. It's so cool that I now can say that I celebrated Midsummer on Hawaii, how many can that? And I think this was one of the best Midsummers ever.
After dinner, we got ready for a night out and we had some nice drinks from all the leftover bottles ;)
We went to this bar called Zanzibar, that we herd was really good, and there were a long line outside and that's always a good sign.
In the line we talked with some guys and we were just goofing around and that was totally hilarious.
Inside the club, there were not so many people but we bought something to drink and then we saw those guys again so we just joined them at their table. They were soldiers (like everyone else ;)) and had been here for almost a year and was going to Iraq on Thursday so we felt like we had to support the troops ;). The sad thing was that most of them looked so young and were not 21 yet so they weren't allowed to drink and then we made up this: U can get shot but not get a shot before U are 21 ;) In the club, it was really hard to talk to them cause the music was so loud, U had to lean the head on each other to hear anything. Suddenly, a security guy came and wanted me and another guy to follow him. we didn't understand a thing and he wouldn't tell us anything before we came outside and he took off my bracelet cause apparently another guard had seen this guy, who was underage, drinking out of my beer. This is just bullshit!! We were so pissed cause it was absolutely not true! Outside I sent a text to Anna and she said that she would make a scene inside. When she came out she told us that she drank the rest of my beer in front of the guard ;) Totally hilarious! They were like: "U just drank this beer and you are underage?" Anna: Yep! But I'm leaving now. So cool! That's my girl!
When we were out, the other guy told us he knew an other place we could go to so we followed him.
This was also a nightclub and here were more people, but only guys. Not a problem for us ;) we met up with the friends of the guy and they had apparently also been kicked out from the first place so I don't know what kind of crap place that was.
There were only two of us who were over 21 so he bought me some drinks ;) The other guys also wanted to drink so we left the club and bought some fine tequila (50 bucks!!! The soldier paid so it's OK ;)) and then we went to the beach and had a party on our own. I also bought a Tequila Rose and this was the first time since I got here that I drank it and I LOVE it!!! The expensive tequila was so good and actually we didn't get a hangover from it and that's good!
It was really fun talking to them and their soldier life and how they felt of going to Iraq. They gave us a new name: we are now Battlesisters! So cool!
Anna's bus to the airport left at 5am so she could catch her flight, but we had such a great time that when we looked at the watch it was 4:55 and we hadn't packed anything in her bag cause we were stupid and said: "Let's do that when we are drunk" So she just grabbed anything she could find and we saw the bus down at the street so it was totally panic!! But she made it and then I went to bed cause my bus didn't go until 7pm ;)
This was a awesome night with some missing part of the memory but whatever, just a great ending of a great vacation with my battle sister!!

The funniest of the day: Anna: "Friends are like potatoes, if U eat them they will die"

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment