Thursday, June 3, 2010

Field trip with Filip




Today (Wednesday) I went on a field trip with Filip's class. They have been learning about the community in school so we went out to learn more about Kirkland.
First we went to the Heritage Hall, which is a old building that they use for all kind of stuff but today, it worked as a place where we all learned about the history of Kirkland. I found it very interesting and now I feel like an expert on the subject ;) I can tell U that Kirkland was founded in 1888 and has 6 founders, 3 Americans and 3 Englishmen. The coolest thing, I thought, was that the fact that Lake Washington (the one just next to us) was originally 9 feet higher (2,7 m) but when they build the canal between the lake and the ocean, the lake sank. So the Marina park down at the waterfront didn't exist and the baseball field was like a swamp. This happened in 1916! Hahaha...I'm like a history book ;)
After the Heritage Hall we went to the City Hall where we got to meet and talk to the mayor of Kirkland. It's a women named Joan McBride who just had the position since this year but has been on the council for 12 years. She was really cool and the kids had a lot of questions, except Filip who just sat there ;)
After the mayor, two police men came and the kids were super excited and had so many questions. They talked about their work and showed them some equipment that was super cool ;) The kids got a little goodie bag with some stickers and pens from the police and before we left, we got to look at the car. The polices were really nice and there were also two motorcycle policemen who stopped the traffic for us when we were walking.
Back at school, the kids got to have their lunch and I walked back home and ate mine while I was watching friends.
Sofia went to art class and after that, over to Jordyn's place for a play date so it was just me and Filip for the most of the afternoon, guess what we did: MONOPOLY!!! OMG I really hate this game now! I don't wanna see it anymore!
When Sofia came home I threw myself in her arms and begged her to play sth with me ;) OK, maybe not that dramatic but we did play doctor. First we made all this instruments that U need as a doctor, like stethoscope, thermometer, medicine and we also made this "flashlight headband" so we looked really professional and saved all the patients ;)
After dinner, I went to Anna's place and spent some time with her and her house dad who is really cool! I also got a goodnight kiss from Slater so I was happy ;)
Me and Anna went to the movies and saw Iron Man 2 and we could tell that it was a guys movie ;) It was like just us and then all of the guys ;) It was a really good movie with a lot of action and really nice effects. When I was at Anna's place, one of her boys had a Iron Man suit and I asked if I could borrow the mask but he said no. That would have been fun ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment