Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day





Today (Monday) it's Memorial day which is a big holiday here in America. U honor the one that was killed in all wars that has been and a lot of veterans are showing there respect.
We honored them by having breakfast outside in the lovely weather ;) We didn't get so effected but I'm glad that we all were off school and work ;)
On their farm, there is a Mexican guy living with his family and he is a worker there. He came when he was around 18 and is now 40 or sth. He had recently got two kittens to his daughter, one was 1 month and the other 2. They were so cute and Sofia and Agnes played with them all the time. They were always carrying them and chasing them and I think that those poor kittens were very relieved when we left ;) now they will manage everything in life after this horror experience.
There were also two dogs that always came to their house, even though they lived on another farm down the street. Apparently the family wasn't home that much and that's why the dogs always went to Fred and Kristina. They were also cute and now they were all shaved so they looked a bit funny. They were really "pet sick" and didn't do much more than just laying around enjoying their life. That's how it should be ;) I thought it was so cool that they just were outside all the time and could walk everywhere by themselves.
Around noon we had packed up everything and started our way home. We stopped in Chelan at a winery to have lunch, and this was a really FANCY winery that was located up on a hill with a beautiful view. Sadly, they didn't have lunch so we went to another winery that also was very beautiful. The food was good and the kids were very hungry so we had to order in some extra pasta ;)
We also stopped at a big antique hall where they had a lot of cool, old stuff. I bought a old, Washington licence plate cause I think it's a nice thin to have as a memory, and I also got a birthday present from Stendahls (better late then never ;)) It was one of those old Coca Cola signs and it was really cool!
The way home was really long cause there was a lot of traffic so I think it took about 5 hours or sth. I tried to sleep but didn't found a comfortable position so I was very tired when I got home.
I took a nice shower and then just unpacked before dinner and then tried to do my home work but was too tired so I went to bed pretty early ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment