Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Saved a squirell's life



Today (Tuesday) when I walked with the kids to school, Filip heard a weird sound and went to check it out. He called on me and when me and Sofia came to him, we saw a squirrel that was stuck in a coffee cup!! It was one with a round lid and probably he had been looking for food and now it could get out. We had to help him and it was still when we came closer. The kids actually could pet it (yes, they washed their hands afterwards ;)) We loosened on the lid and as soon as the cup fell off, the squirrel ran away with such a speed that we didn't have time to react. The lid was still on him but when he climbed up the tree, we saw it fall off. The kids were very excited and it felt good to save a life! And this was a great time to explain why U must not litter!
I still felt sick and my nose had been running all night so I went back to sleep for a couple of hours in hope of getting better.
Last night I decided it was time to get a tattoo again! I have been thinking about it for a while and felt like I have to do it now before summer cause I don't wanna be inside when it's sunny outside. So I looked up some pictures and made one I wanted, I sent it to Anna who promised to print it and then today I went to her place to pick it up. Her family is moving so it was a mess in their house but she gave me the picture and I went immediately.
I went to Bellevue and a studio that I had looked up and it looked really cool but after some discussion they advised me to wait until after Hawaii, otherwise I would not be able to go in to the water and that would have been a boring vacation ;) I'm not gonna tell U how it'll look like, U have to wait until after Hawaii! Which means around 10 days ;)
I picked up the kids and back home I had to make cookies cause Sofia had a concert at school and everyone should bring some. I made coconut ones and they were great!
After dinner we all (except Jonas who also is sick and was home today) to Sofia's school to listen to all the Kindergartners singing what they had learned over the year.
There was a table where we should put the cookies and it was full of them! Of course we sat next to it so it was really tempting and Filip had a really hard time listening to his sister ;)
The kids were so cute, but it was hard to hear what they were singing ;) Everyone had dressed so nice, and Sofia's teacher Ms Lailey was also so pretty.
They sang like 15 short songs, with some cool movements and after, everyone could eat cookies. I love cookies!
After, the family went to Costco to get some food, but I stayed home cause I was going to Starbucks later.
Lotta gave me a task, since I'm so creative ;). She has a big, white wall in her office at work and she wants me to make sth out of it. My first idea is to make a huge tree in black, that would look so cool! I tried to draw an example on a paper but it was really hard to get the branches good so we'll see what I'll do.
I drove to Starbucks and met all the girls there. We gossiped, talked about Hawaii, the weekend, other au pairs and much more. I didn't have a game today cause we were not enough people. It was too bad cause I wanted to play, but on the other had I got to meet my friends on Starbucks which is not that often.
It rained really bad when I drove home so it was nice to get to bed and I red the last in my book. It was good and tomorrow I'll start with the next one in the series.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment