Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm getting BLOND!!




Today (Saturday) I started the day with a call back home to congratulate my brother to his graduation. He didn't have a voice anymore cause he had been screaming so much ;) It sounded that he had a great time, and I'm happy for that. But I'm really sad that I couldn't be there and my mum had put up some pictures and that was so painful to watch them. I feel so bad. But Robin was glad for my gift, a watch! It's really big and heavy and he said that he liked that cause that showed it was expensive ;) They had the party today and all of the family and friends were there and had dinner and he got a lot of presents. He told me about all the graduation process and he got a scholarship from a company in the town where the school is, and he was chosen in his class of the teachers cause they thought he was the best ;) He was really proud and so am I!
When I had said goodbye, I went down to Kirkland to check out the hairdressers. It's about time I do sth with my hair cause I haven't been to a hairdresser in over 9 months ;) And when I'm on it, I've always wanted to try to be blond so why not? I went to a place called "The Shop" which looked really cool and they had time right away. I got a really nice hairdresser called Kim and we discussed my transformation and we decided that it's best to do it in a couple of steps so it will look as natural as possible. So today, she did some big highlights so I still have some brown in it as well.
I felt like an alien with all that foil on my head and it took like 1,5 h to get it all done. She also cut of all the damaged parts, she asked me when I was at a hairdresser the last time ;)
It turned out really well and everyone at the saloon was really excited and impressive when we were done. The lady next to me wanted the same ;)
Kim also learned me how to curl the hair since it's gonna look really cool when all the different shades comes out. So I'll go back in about 6 weeks and we'll do another round with highlights so I in the end can be totally blond. Now we'll see if blonds have more fun ;)
I felt really good walking out from the saloon and it was such a nice weather so I bought a burrito and walked to the baseball field and had my lunch there.
Tomorrow is a au pair meeting where everyone shall bring a dessert from their home country so I bought some ingredients to make a strawberry cake. I wanted to buy "the bread" but couldn't find any so I had to make it on my own. But not when I got home, instead I went to Anna's place. We walked to the new house and there we helped Todd to unload the trailer with some heavy boxes. It felt nice to help cause then I won't feel like I'm using them when I'm in their pool ;)
After some heavy work, we walked back down to the house and made some delicious smoothies, brought them back up and enjoyed them on their balcony over viewing the great skyline of Seattle. Love it!
Lotta and Jonas were going out with Jenny and Henrik to celebrate their house deals, so I had to babysit both my kids and the Stendhal's. Anna came and helped me and we coloured some and we also had time to be outside a while before I put on Aristocats to them and gave them some candy.
Me and Anna sat outside and ate the rest of the ice cream from yesterday ;) The kids had some arguing sometimes but overall it went good and they went to bed easy.
Anna helped me to bake the cake and since I had to make the sponge cake from the scratch, it took a while and I also had to make it twice cause the first one didn't rise enough so it could only be one layer and it's suppose to be three. But the next one I could cut in two so it worked fine anyway. But I'm not use to baking and I'm just comparing with my mum and it didn't look like hers ;)
On the first layer I put banana, whipped cream and vanilla sauce, on the second I mixed strawberry jam with whipped cream. I'll do the decoration on the top tomorrow.
It was around 10:30 when we were done so we just put on the TV and watched the rest of MTV's movie award, not so exciting but we were too tired to do sth and we didn't find a good movie ;)
Anna went home and I went to bed before the party adults came home ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment