Saturday, June 19, 2010

In Paradise




OMG!!! I'm living in a dream now. I'm walking on a long, beautiful beach and are looking out over the blue water that sparkles. I feel the wind in my hair and it brings a smell of flowers. The sun is shining and the hot guys are working out next to me, I'm in Paradise ;)
Me and Anna never went to bed yesterday since M picked us up at 4 and we had so much to do so there were no point. I was really tired around 2:30 but as soon as M came I got so excited that I forgot all about it.
At the airport, Anna went by herself since she is flying with this guest pass and needs to go with Alaska Airlines. Me and Kadda were flying with Delta so we had another gate.
There were so many people at the airport! It was good that we came when we did cause the line after us was very long and at the security it took a while. But we came on our flight in time. It was a small airplane but since we were just gonna fly 2 hours in it, it was OK. We didn't have a direct flight so we stopped in Salt Lake City and had a break for two hours. It was OK, but I was so tired since I couldn't really sleep during the first flight since it was so short.
The next airplane was bigger and the seats were more comfortable so there were no problem falling to sleep. This time, the movies were for free so I saw "Invictus" with Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela. It was really touching and I liked it a lot.
The flight was 6 hours so it took a while ;) But after some games and reading and eating we finally saw the island!!! It was a beautiful sight and different from the ocean we had seen during the last couple of hours. It was a bit cloudy but we could see the beaches and mountains and we were really excited.
When we landed, it rained!! We were really disappointed in the airplane but when we got out, a wall of heat hit us and it was so cool. There were beautiful gardens with palm trees in between all the airport buildings and we were just amazed over the heat and all the new sights.
During our flights, there had been problems for Anna. She didn't got on the flight she wanted in the morning so we didn't really know where she was or what she was doing. We had contact via texts but we didn't really understand anything. But she said that her bag had been on the morning light she would have been on so I went to see if we could take it since I have all my stuff in there. But apparently, there was no bag and even if there would have been, I couldn't take it. Gosh, why can't everything just go as planned?
Kadda found her bag and then we took a shuttle bus to Waikiki where the hotel should be. The bus driver gave us a little tour guide as well and gave some great tips of what to do and not. It took a while to get to our hotel cause there were a lot of stops among the road. But finally we got here and it's really nice. The location is amazing, we just have to cross the street to get to the beach and it's close to stores as well. We have an ocean view from the balcony and the room is big with three beds and a tiny kitchen. OMG!!!
When we came, it was like 4 pm so we just changed to our bikinis (good that I put one bikini and a dress in my carry on bag) and then walked down to the beach. We bought these bamboo beach blankets and then threw our clothes off and ran down in the water. Right there was a "Hallelujah Moment" I was in paradise. The water was so nice and the sun was still warm and the hot life guard was on duty, it was perfect ;)
Kadda had borough her water toy, a crocodile that she floated around on ;) It was really fun when a wave came, I felt like a little kid again.
There was some kind of beach work out just in front of us where they were running and did some muscle work in the sand. I was just tired after walking in the sand so I didn't join them ;)
We spend maybe 1,5 hours at the beach before we went back to the hotel and changed quickly and then went out to find Wallmart where we could buy some breakfast and food. We took a room with a kitchen so that we don't have to go out and eat three times every day cause unfortunately we are not made out of money ;)
It was tricky to find the store. First we took the bus and then we had to walk around a bit since we didn't really know the city yet.
We found it and bought bread, milk, pasta and some other good stuff to eat. I also bought a towel with the Hawaiian Islands on cause I didn't bring one.
We took the bus back, after some more walking and looking for the bus stop, and back at the hotel Kadda made dinner while I ordered Internet to us. At this hotel U have to pay for everything, which sucks. But the room was cheap so maybe that's why.
We had a jummy pasta dish and to that we drank Smirnoff ;) Sadly, we both realized that we are not used to drink alcohol so we doesn't like it anymore. But then we decide it was because the drinks where not cold enough yet and put them back in the fridge ;)
We took some nice showers and are now ready to go to bed. Anna also called just now and told us that she is on a bus on her way here to the hotel so she made it after all. I just hope she was the bag cause I don't!!
I'm just so happy to be here and I wish I could bring U all so U could see what it's like. Cause even if I try to tell U and show U pictures, it's never as good as if U see it with your own eyes!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment