Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bumbershoot and shopping!










Today is Saturday, that means weekend and that means no work! First of all that brings a long sleep in the morning, or it could have been but the kids woke up early and it was raining so I got up at nine. (Probably a long sleep for many of you =))
I took a shower and got ready for going to Seattle and the Bumbershoot festival that began today. Katharina came to my place because she had been to the bank this morning and then Abbid dropped her off. We were supposed to go with Maurice who had promised me, yesterday, that he was going to take the car. But like when we were ready to leave I got a text message where he says that the car was on service and that France vs. Romania was on TV, and evidently it was more important. Right Maurice? =)...
But that was all right because that meant that me and Kadda had to make our first bus ride on our own!
We took a bus that took us to downtown Seattle, and then we had to get out to the Seattle center where the space needle is and also where the festival were. And to get there we took the Monorail, which is kind of a train that goes on rail up in the air. It was really cool and it didn't take long either.
The Space needle is really awesome and someday I'm gonna get up there and maybe eat at the restaurant that's on the top. There is also like a amusement park, lots of museums and other cool things to see at the center. But today we were there for the festival which is going until Monday and contains music, litterateur, humor and art. And off course a lot of food, markets and shows.
We had one big thing we knew we wanted to do, and that was to see Katy Perry. Unfortunately she was a disappointment. She was no good live but it was OK to watch. We finally met Sofia, the girl that Erik knew when he was here. She was nice and we also met her friends. We saw the concert together and it was good to get to meet someone that you only talked with on the phone and the Internet.
After Katy Perry was a band that I've never heard about, but Kadda had. They were called All American Reject and played like punk/pop or something. They were awesome, I have to get their songs. This concert was much, much better than Katy's.
Then we just walked round at the festival arena and watched some shows and at the markets but then we decided to go back in to downtown and shop instead. I bought a sweater at GAP, a shirt at H&M ( Kadda is crazy about that store, I don't know why ) and I bought some butterflies to decorate my room with. It was fun to see Seattle by your own but I think I have a lot to learn before I don't need a map. =)
Dumb as I am I forgot my camera back home so I couldn't get a photo of anything. Fortunately Kadda did so she is going to share her pictures with me and also should Sofia.
We also ate very much today. First we had a Crepe with Nutella (was a bit too sweet for me), than we had a small pizza, then we had some kind of cookie with creme and strawberries and last we had dinner at the shopping mall. I really need to start exercising if I shall continuing try every food I see =)
Unfortunately Kadda was lost when she had to take the bus back to Redmond alone but she called me (after an hour!!) and I directed her by phone and computer so now she's home and safe.

Miss you all!
Love Sandra

3 comments:

  1. Larsson.. skriv så vi här hemma förstår.. ja kan ju inte amerikanska du vet.. KRAAAAAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm French, my hostparents from Romania, you do the math! It was EPIC :p!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men Lina da far du skaffa dig ett lexikon ;)

    ReplyDelete