Friday, September 4, 2009

More homesick and more friends


Today was perhaps even worse than yesterday. It was really hard during the day and I actually called home. Perhaps not a very smart move when you barely can talk without feeling to start crying, but it helped. After the call I went to bed and I decided when I got up I wouldn't feel sad anymore, and it worked. Now I'm much better and ready to face the new life again =)
I went to the store to get some milk and stuff and I felt really good walking between the fruit and the milk, listening to music and just enjoying life. I bought some raspberries for me and a bouquet of sunflowers for my room. I love those flowers, makes me happy. And I could really need some extra of that ;)
It was also really good weather today so I sat outside eating my raspberries and organized among my papers, it was lovely.
Today I had to make dinner before I picked up the kids because directly after school they were going wall climbinging Redmond.
Today I made chicken with bacon and rice. It was good and this time I didn't burn anything ;)
So after school, we went with Lindsey (a friend to the family) and her two kids to Redmond were the children had joined a climbing group. This was their first visit and I think they enjoyed it. So there is were I will be the next coming Fridays =)
When we got home we had dinner, the children were really hungry. And then I met Maurice down at a Starbucks. We had talked earlier and wanted to meet each other. He's a other aupair who has been here for about two months. We grabbed a cup of coffee ( I've been longing to say that ;)) and just walked through Kirkland and talked. He was really nice and it was nice to get to know someone more. Tomorrow we are going to the festival together, it's gonna be fun.
I also finally talked with Sofia, another aupair that have been here a while, and we are also going to meet at the festival tomorrow. Katy Perry is coming so I think it will be great. Now I'm gonna watch Ali G with my host parents.

Miss you all!
Love Sandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment