Friday, September 4, 2009

Homesick and new friends


This is yesterdays contribution:
This day was the first day I was really off during the day, when both kids were in school. And I guess when I started relaxing, this strange feelings started inside me. I didn't think I would get homesick this soon, but I must say that I am. After almost a week with the family, everything is new, not knowing exactly how to be with the children, wondering if I'm really good at this, not knowing the town, been lost with the car and all other stuff that have happened during this intense week. Maybe it's just time for those feelings to come around. But they are no pleasant feelings, but I knew they were coming at some point.
Well, I manage to shape up when I picked up the kids from school, and it's easier when you have something to do. There is no time to think.
Filip had a play date with Christopher, a boy in his class. They were at our place and mostly played video game which was good, because then I could focus on Sofia. She and I made collage with paper, magazines, pearls and what ever we could find. They turned out really nice.
Today was also a BBQ at the school, like a welcome back party. I took all the kids there and then Jonas and Lotta came there. But Lotta and I left pretty soon because she was going to the gym and I was finally to meet Katharina again (my friend from New York) I went with Lotta to Redmond, where both the gym are and Katharina's family lives. But dumb as I can be, I didn't brought the GPS so I had to guess a little bit. But I called her and Abbid, her host dad, guided me to their house. He was very nice and his family was lovely.
Our plan was to go and eat somewhere but then we decided to go shopping first. We went to Redmond city mall, and it was nice. A lot of good stores and fine restaurant. We went to Macy's and it was cool. A great store where you can find almost everything, mostly famous brands so it was kind of expensive, but I got myself a dress.
Because of my little detour on my way to Kadda (Katharina) we didn't got so much time to shop. And when the stores were closed, also the restaurant was. So we went back in to Redmond and looked for a place to eat, but instead of a fancy restaurant we ended up in the drive through at McDonald's =) and we sat in a parking lot and had a nice meal!
We also had to fill the car with gas, and I had never done that before so I went in to the station and asked for help. I was like: "Hi, I'm not from here and I have never done this before" Lucky, it was a nice lady and she helped me. But I had to go in once again, because the card didn't work, and she had to come out once because I was doing wrong =) But we ended up with more gas and that was the purpose.
Then we headed back to Kaddas house and I got directions back to Kirkland. Off course I went lost again. I think it took me about an hour to get home, it's suppose to take like minutes =) But no I think I know how to drive in Redmond.
So I was home late and I was tired, that's why you get this today!

Miss you all!
Love Sandra

2 comments:

  1. Kadda in the parking lot with our fancy dinner and a picture of my family back in Sweden!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too sweatheart. Take care now. Bye bye

    ReplyDelete