Sunday, September 20, 2009

Monthly meeting




I slept until 10 am!!! It was so nice. I have longed for that ;)
The kids had the Swedish school today so when I got up they had already left. It was just Lotta home so we watched the TV a bit but then we had to go cause I was going in to Seattle with AuPaircare, my organisation, to go on a savager hunt. It's like a on your own guide tour and you have to find certain places and take a picture of your group there. It was fun but a bit hard when you were 8 people in one group. No one wants to be the leader and then we can't decide where to go and it kind of slows you down. So we didn't have time to go everywhere but it was nice to walk along the different streets and the waterfront talking to your new friends. There were a lot of Brazilian girls and I talked with one that arrived about the same time as me. She was nice. Then I talked with a girl from Thailand, that already had been here for one year but just extended her stay. She actually lives here in Kirkland as well so that's cool.
I'll start going in to Seattle more often because it's a beautiful city with all the skyscrapers and the waterfront. And just down the water is a big Public Market where you can by like fresh vegetables, fish, flowers, yeah everything. And it's really nice walking there and watch all the people. There is one place where you can watch fish flying. The workers are throwing the fish, which are about to be sold, to each other and it's suppose to be really cool. I actually haven't seen it, yet ;)
I also saw a really cool thing a Swedish Hasten store. I was really surprised and had to take a photo ;)
It was a great day, a bit cold though, but a really nice day.
After the tour me, Kadda, Ramona and the Thai girl Kate went shopping. And I found a pair of shoes! Finally!! =) Oh, I like them a lot. Now I don't have to wear my gladiator sandals all the time ;)
Now lies a new week in front of me so it's best to charge my battery by going to bed early, even though I slept long this morning. Oh, I love sleeping! ;)

Miss you all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment