Sunday, January 24, 2010

Discovery park





Today (Saturday) I had to wake up at 8 at Hanna's place cause we all had agreed to go to the gym in the morning. What idiots we are ;)
I drove home, so tired, and was home at 8:50 and realized that I wasn't gonna make it to the gym cause the class I wanted to take started at 9:15. How sad :) Instead I slept for two more hours and then I went out walking for one hour in the beautiful Kirkland. It was nice and a really good work out, my legs were so tired.
Filip and Lotta was making pancakes when I got in and we had them for lunch which was really good. Filip is a real master chef ;)
At 1 Anna and Hanna picked me up cause we had planned to start with Anna's "walking tour cards" she got for Christmas. It's 50 different walking tours in Seattle that is super good when U want to discover the city some more. Today's card was of the Discovery Park. It's the biggest park here and have a lot of different walks to offer. We took the beach trail and this rewarding walk takes you along 2 miles of secluded beachfront, past a historic lighthouse, and through the meadows and forested trails of Seattle's largest park.
The West Point Lighthouse is a local treasure dating to 1881.
The Fort Lawton Chapel, a turn-of-the-century building is on the National Register of Historic Places. Unfortunately, the lights house was under reparation so it was covered. But it's suppose to be beautiful.
The view were amazing and when we came to the beach it was just stunning. I love the water with the smell and the sound. We gathered seashells and beautiful rocks that had been shaped by the ocean. We wrote in the sand and we got wet feet ;)
It was me, Anna, Hanna and Lena and we had a really good time. It was a bit hard, walking down and up stairs but it was totally worth it. It took about three hours so we all felt joy when we came to the car and was allowed to sit down ;)
When I came home it was time for some work. Jonas and Lotta was going out to play squash and have dinner so it was me and the kids for the evening. But then Anna showed up as a faithful friend and Saturday visitor ;)
We all had dinner together, fish sticks and potatoes, jummie! Then Filip showed Anna his stone collection and she got to try the video game. The kids were all excited about her being there, so was I ;)
We watched the movie G-force, it's about guinea pigs that are spies. A bit unreal, but as Filip said: "Sandra, it's a movie" ;)
When the kids were in bed (after me reading a story for all of them, including Anna :)) me and Anna did some pictures and music exchange. This is always good cause then U get more pictures on yourself ;)
She had to work early in the morning so there weren't any time for a movie. But I was glad to go to bed too, since it had been a long and active day!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment