Wednesday, January 13, 2010

German


Today (Tuesday) I went to the gym and had a work out on my own. It was nice and I was really tired when I was done, which is a good sign ;)
After the gym I went to the library to get a new book to Filip, cause the one we had already choose was apparently to hard. I took four different ones and I hope at least one of them will due. I also borrowed some other child book that we can read when we don't have anything to do. I like the library, they have so many books and it's quite ;) They also have a computer game that I played a lot when I was a kid, but it would look weird if I sat at the child section playing the game ;) I have to take the kids there more often so I can play ;)
I started a new, more organized life now with a list of things I have to do. And it's actually working pretty good. I get more stuff done and I'm not that tired during the days anymore, well I'm tired but I don't have to sleep ;) I started this bad habit of going to bed really late. I'm always watching some episode of a series or sth on my computer, and then I'm almost dead in the morning. I have to get out of that.
The afternoon with the kids were really bad, or Filip was behaving bad and made me so frustrated and angry. But I think I managed it well, and in the end I was the winner. I have to talk to his teacher about his homework and how I'm suppose to explain certain things. Cause I don't know how they are learning it in school. As soon sth is a bit hard, he just: "No, I can't. I don't get it. I don't wanna do it" and then it has to be a discussion and he is a master on turning everything I say to the opposite. It's just frustrating. But thanks to the Swedish singer Lars Winnerbäck I manage through those hard times.
As soon as Lotta and Jonas got home, I went to my German college class that started today. I'm taking level 3 cause I've red it for 5 years before but it was like 3 years ago so I didn't really know which level to choose. I think this might be a bit easy, but as I said before: "Repetition is the mother of knowledge" (Thank U Amela, my English teacher :))
We were only 6 students and as in my Spanish class there were only older people, and me ;) The teacher is a tiny German girl that has some trouble with English and seems a bit nervous. But it was OK. We learned about how they lived in Germany, which was a bit weird. And of course there were some of the devil grammar ;) But that is German ;)
One thing that I noticed is that it's harder for an American to learn German, than someone from Sweden. Cause there are so many words that are similar in the Swedish and German language. So many times, I can guess what a word might mean but Americans can't cause it's complete different, most of the time. That's good ;)
After the class I went to Starbucks, without having dinner, and talked with Katherine. I didn't stay that long cause I was starving. I was kind of stupid when I registered for the classes. First, it gets so stressful when I need to leave as soon as Lotta and Jonas comes home. No time to talk/ Plus that I don't have dinner until I'm back from the class which is around 9 or sth. So I'm always so hungry. Well, I brought a banana but that's no dinner.
Kathrine and Sofie (two Danish girls) were in Hawaii during New Years, and she told me about it. Now I wanna go even more! I have to save enough money, but that's no problem, I'm a rich Au Pair ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Jag förstår verkligen din frustration när barnen är jobbiga.. apuh, det är inte kul!

    jag kommer bli galen om jag inte skaffar mig lite socialt umgänge här. du verkar ha lyckats bra med det :) tummen upp.

    haha, amela..! good times (maybe)

    kram!

    ReplyDelete