Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last Sunday before hard work




Today I slept log, or I stayed in bed long cause I was woken up by the kids early.
I went down to have breakfast and then I was on my computer. Uploaded some pictures, talked with friends. Had a kind of easy morning/lunch.
After lunch I started to make a Swedish Christmas candy to bring to the Au Pair meeting at Cathrine's tonight. I did some toffee and it turned out really good. I think I boiled it to log cause it was a bit hard but OK.
I took a shower, did some more on the computer and then I drove to the college where I'm starting tomorrow. Just to see how long it took and where it is. So I don't will be lost tomorrow and late ;) It takes about 20 minutes to go there, it's on the other side of Bellevue from here so it's a bit. And then it was a bit tricky to find the right building. But now, I know ;)
I got ready and took my Magic Santa, my bag and my candy and went to Catherine (My area director) who lives in Juanita.
When I arrived there were already many au pairs there, and Emilie was there. We all started with the food, snacks, sweet that everybody had brought. It was stuff from all over the world like Germany, Argentina, Serbia, Mexico etc. It was cool, some good, others interesting ;)
After the food we played a game where everyone gt to introduce her-himself and got two questions about the au pair life. It was a good way of getting to know the others. Then it was time for Magic Santa! Everybody got a number and then one by one got to either choose one of the unwrapped present or steal one that has already been taken. It was fun but I didn't really get it, to steal? I like Sofia's saying: "You get what U get and U don't get upset"
I got two t-shirts and a playing card that sang "Girls just wanna have fun" ;) It was really nice. We stayed some more and chattered with people, said goodbye to one au pair that was leaving and so was Louisa, Kadda's friend.
I had a nice evening and now I'm in the sofa with my host parents watching the first season of LOST! I love it, have already seen it twice but I love it!
Ok, so tomorrow I start working again after 4 days and I don't feel like it! But I guess it's good to come back to the routines again, but I would love to have one more week of sleeping mornings ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment