Monday, August 23, 2010

364 days in the US









Today I didn't have to work cause the kids are going to a kind of day care this week. I didn't sleep too long, I stood up at 9 so the family was still here so I could say goodbye to them. The kids weren't that happy that they had to go but that's always how it is when we are going somewhere.
I didn't really do anything today. I watched some TV, I wrote on my blog, I uploaded pictures at Facebook and I bought the tickets that were missing for our trip.
When the cleaning lady was here I went out and walked around in Kirkland, looking in stores but didn't buy anything cause I need all money I can get to our trip!!
The day went really fast and the family came home and had dinner and left for some ice cream but I didn't go with them cause I was meeting M.
Before she picked me up, I skyped with a tired and maybe drunken Anna (from Sweden) who just got home from a week on Crete. She was as tanned as I am and that just after a week in the sun when I had a whole summer, plus a week on Hawaii!!!
We drove to the Houghton beach here in Kirkland and even though it was really cold wind coming, we jumped in! The water was really nice and we swum to the floating deck and M did some back flips while I stayed safe on the deck ;) She looked really gracious and cool.
When we were cold, we took our towels and went to the hamburger place across the street and had our dinner. It was really nice and we sat outside, cause it was too cold inside with the air condition ;) and watched the sun set behind Seattle. They had these cool, American ketchup bottles as U see in all the movies ;) (Look at the picture)
We talked about the future and how easy it's gonna be to visit each other and that we are gonna be more open minded and social after this year when we had to make new friends and meeting new people.
She dropped me off at home but we didn't hug each other goodbye cause we decided to see each other tomorrow again!
The SAAB is back which is nice cause then I can drive to Kadda tomorrow and we can fix with the luggage and stuff for the trip.
I got a little funny gift today from the Stendahl's, it's two rubber bracelets where it says Team on one of them and Edward on the other ;) Totally hilarious! I'll ware them every day ;)
This morning, my Anna was going to fly home to Germany. I got one last text message at around 5 am and it hurt inside. But apparently her flight got cancelled and she couldn't go until around 10 pm so she had to stay the whole day here. Poor her! But I didn't want to meet her, and she didn't want to meet anyone either cause she didn't want to say goodbye to people again. And I had my down period yesterday so for me she's already gone....I just hope everything works out for her and that she'll get home safe!
Today I've been in the US 364 days!!!!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

2 comments:

  1. Fast det var ju Kåren jag kom hem ifrån...Hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men jag visste inte hur man säger det på engelska ;)

    ReplyDelete