Thursday, August 19, 2010

The SAAB is dead, again






Today (Wednesday) I was SO tired when I woke up. I just wanted to stay in bed but I reminded myself that this is the last week of work so I stood up. I don't think it was the medications that made me tired cause I stopped taking them last week and I'm still always tired.
Lotta told me yesterday that I don't have to work at all next week, even though my year ends on Tuesday. They have put the kids in some kind of day care and they did it for the whole week so they don't need me. I offered to drive them there but I'll see if I have to do that.
This morning, Filip had his R practice again so we drove there and were back in like an hour. We had plans of going to the Seattle Center and the fountain, but the weather was too bad that we stayed home all day.
I was still super tired when I got home so I put the kids in front of the TV and then went upstairs and took a nap. Sometimes I wish that I had smaller kids, that took naps, so that I also could do that ;)
I couldn't stay long in bed cause soon Sofia came and wanted to do sth so we went to the store and bought some ingredients so that we could bake muffins. I got a recipe from Anna that I needed to try cause I told her that I didn't knew how to make muffins. It was blueberry/banana/chocolate chip muffins and in the beginning I was sceptic cause it didn't look like the mix was correct, so I called Anna ;) But when we took them out of the oven they smelled and looked delicious.
After lunch we could taste the first once and they were so good! I'm proud of my self that I didn't mess up ;) Sofia didn't like them cause apparently she doesn't like blueberry!
I was really not motivated to work today, cause I was tired I guess, so we didn't really do anything. Filip made a marble track that was cool and Sofia did some arts and crafts. We were out a bit and played and then I read for like an hour while they were playing. This was a slow day and when Lotta and Jonas came home, I went to Bellevue to get a present for Jonas.
The warning light on the car has been going on the hole day but since it's doing that from time to time and U can't see on the display what's wrong, I didn't really care. Just when I was parking the car, the ABS light came on and I felt that the brakes were activated cause it was really hard to get the car to move and it was sounding weird. The stereo also went off and then the air bag light also came on. I was able to park before sth else happened and I thought that it might be OK when I just leave the car for a while cause I still had some errands to do.
I ordered a pizza for the family and then I went to some other stores before I came back and wanted to drive home. There were no sign on when I started but I only reached the end of the parking lot before the same happened again. I was almost on my way out on the road when the brakes hit again. I was able to reverse and then park and then I called Lotta who came and picked me up. She said that it has happened once before but I wonder why everything is happening with me right now? She also told me that there has always been sth wrong with the car the same time as one of their au pairs were gonna leave. Maybe it's sad that I'm leaving ;)
Lotta and Jonas had brought more crayfishes home and were now boiling them so it smelled crayfish all over the house when we got home ;) I'm so excited about the party now but of course there has been some problems. First we couldn't have the house anymore cause the renting lady had double booked the house so we thought of having it back home. That was gonna be crowded but the only thing we could do. But then, Lotta found another house that was free so she booked that one instead and it's really beautiful, looks like a palace!
After the pizza, Lotta and Jonas went to try to get the car to a mechanic while I was home with the kids getting them ready for bed.
They had been able to drive it to the mechanic but it turned off at the entrance so Jonas had to roll down and park it ;) Good thing they didn't need a tow truck. I hope there is no bigger wrong with the car cause I feel pretty bad since it's me who drives it the most. Maybe the mechanics at Jiffy Lube did sth wrong?
I spend the rest of the evening putting together a play list for Jonas' party with some new songs they wanted.
Today I got the bills from the hospitals regarding my bug bite, around $1000!!! It's so much money. I mean, this was just a bug bite, imagine being hospitalized. How can people afford living here? I wonder if there is people without insurance, that can't be possible? I'm glad I have a insurance, just hope they'll pay for everything.

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment