Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vancouver on bikes







Today (Sunday) we had to go up pretty early, at 9:30 ;) Cause we needed to check out at 11 and we wanted the free breakfast and then stopped serving that at 10. It was not much of a breakfast, just toast and juice, but it was free ;)
We packed our stuff and left them at a storage room when we checked out cause we wanted to explore the city a bit more before we went back home. The people at the hostel recommended to go to the Stanley Park and we had been talking about how long ago it was since we road a bike so we rented one each and went through the city to the park. It was such a nice feeling to be on a bike again and to go through the city was really cool. At some places it was a bit scary cause we drove together with the cars but it went fine and we had Anna who showed the way so it was no problem.
The park was really beautiful and it's kind of a half island so we always went just beside the water and we could see the downtown skyline and also the north part which was really cool. We passed some beaches and there were a lot of people cause today was also really hot. There were also a lot of people in the park and many were riding bikes, inlines or walking so at some places at the trail it was really crowded.
It didn't even take us two hours to get around and it was a perfect time cause we needed to be home around 4 cause Anna was going to dinner with her host family.
When we went to get to the car we were a bit nervous about how expensive it would be but the cashier was really nice so he gave us the hotel rate and then it wasn't that bad. My great looks helps a lot ;)
The drive home was faster, it only took 3 hours even though we had to wait longer at the border. The officer were really nice and we didn't have any problems at all with our VISAs which was nice.
I dropped off Anna, then M and on my way home I stopped at Subway and got my dinner. It was so hot and as soon as I got home, I packed my bag and went to the beach. First I stopped at QFC and bought strawberries, juice and chips ;)
There were a lot of people at the beach and I had to drive a while before I could find a parking spot, but it was so nice when I finally could jump in to the water and cool off. I ate my food and read my book and didn't worry about a thing. Just a perfect way to end a weekend.
The family wasn't home yet cause they had been camping in Port Angeles this weekend and that was nice cause then I could have a shower and unpack all my stuff without having someone else in the house.
I didn't do so much the rest of the evening and went to bed early so that I could be fit for fight on my last week of work!!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment