Thursday, August 19, 2010

Goodbye Austin




Today (Monday) I started really slow with the kids. We watched TV almost the whole morning and after lunch we went down to Kirkland and bought a ice cream and were at the water. It was really, really hot so the kids went in the water, even though they didn't wear swim suits ;)
At 3, when the quiet time was over at Anna's place, we went there to swim in their pool. Slater was still in bed but Jay and Lance were there so we all went in to the pool and it was so nice. We had a war over the floating things, Au Pairs vs kids....the kids won. They were so sad when we went out of the water to rest and they were on us all the time to get back in. Ace didn't really know where to go cause he was so excited now when there were a lot of people. Cute but stupid dog. Anna told me that he had fallen in to the pool, reaching for a leaf, and he doesn't know how to swim ;) Anna had to help him out of there but I bet he'll fall in to it again soon ;)
We stayed there for almost three hours and the kids had so much fun, and me too. I wish we had a pool here! Well we have but I would like a bigger one and one U don't have to inflate ;)
Lotta was already home when we came cause we stayed at Anna's place a bit long, but it was OK cause we had to wait for Jonas before we could go out and eat. Lotta said in the morning that it was gonna be hot and that we needed to eat at a place with air condition ;)
We went to a place we think is new, at the Marina Park. It's a Mediterranean restaurant called "Olive You" It's really nice and have a big terrace where U can sit and look at all the people passing bye.
The kids were tired after the long, warm day and also hungry so they were a bit cranky. I had a avocado salad but they didn't give U very much avocado which was a bummer since that was why I took it. Well, well....it was good anyways.
The family went to get a ice cream afterwards but I had a goodbye party to attend so I went home and got dressed instead.
It's Austin, a American guy that I got to know through Elliotte's parties, that are going to study at the University that's 5 hours away from here (forgot the name ;)) I don't really know him so well but there are a lot of cool people coming and I never say no to a party ;) But it's a bit weird that it's on a Monday but whatever.
Chris picked me and Anna up and then we drove to Everett where Austin and Mike lives. The apartment was great! It's big and well planned and I would totally live there if I had the chance.
There weren't so many people there and we didn't know any of them cause they were High school friends of Austin but some of them were nice and funny.
Mike, who was roommate with Austin, had a dog called Harley. It was really cute and so soft and ran around with his toy in his mouth looking for someone who wanted to play with him.
We occupied the spot next to the fan cause it was extremely hot and after a while famous people arrived an joined us.
I had a great evening talking with many of my closest friends which was really nice cause soon I won't see any of them again....:( It feels so weird that when U say goodbye now it's probably forever...my brain doesn't really realize that cause I just say like "See ya" and then it's like: "Wait, maybe we're not!" There are so many people I'll miss and I just hope I can come back and visit them again.
Back home I felt really sad and I didn't want to work tomorrow. I was tired and a bit drunk ;) So I just went to bed to try to sleep my sorrows off my mind...

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment