Monday, August 23, 2010

Jonas 40!!
















Today (Saturday) I had to drive Anna home in the morning since her car broke down yesterday and I was so tired cause we didn't fall asleep until 3 or sth and we left at 8!!
Today is Jonas birthday and not a regular one, his 40st!! So when I got back I joined the family for breakfast but unfortunately I had missed the song but that was fine for me cause my throat was still sore. He got a new WII and a Lazy boy (a big American chair) from the family. It's so cool! I wasn't ready with my gift so he'll get that tonight at the party.
I went back to bed and slept until 12 sth, that was nice ;) I had a shower and slowly started to get ready with nail polish. I talked with Elin, Ida and Hampus over the Internet and as yesterday, I couldn't hear them so I did the talking and they wrote. They had a little pre party with me cause I started with my wine ;) It was nice and I'm looking forward to when we can have a real pre party together!
Anna, M and Kadda showed up around 4 and we got ready together. Jonas party was gonna be a fancy one at a mansion in North Bend so we dressed up really nice. It was so much fun and we turned out beautiful! We had a little too much fun so we got away too late, but that was OK cause everyone wasn't there yet.
The place was amazing!! OMG what a house!! It looked like a old, fancy, white house with pillars and huge stairs, it was like royal house...look at the pictures.
When we arrived, we got a glass of wine in the BIG kitchen and then we went on a tour through the house and saw all the beautiful, fancy bedrooms and bathrooms. It felt like being a princess for a day ;)
We mingled with all the people and had great conversations about everything while the waiter walked around serving fancy little appetizers.
The girls got to meet Kristina, the women we stayed at when we were at Lake Chelan in May, and they fell in love with her as I did. She's such a incredible person and has just such a nice personality.
There were about 25 adults and 15 kids so there were a lot of people but it wasn't crowded cause the house and backyard was so big ;)
It was also a great place for the kids, there was a cable way that they could ride on and actually so did some of the adults ;)
The kids got hot dogs and ice cream so that when it was time for the adults to eat, the kids went to the huge media room and watched movies and ate candy.
For dinner we had crayfish since it's a Swedish tradition in August and we wanted to share it with all the non swedes ;) The waiter was from Texas where they apparently eat it too but they eat them warm so he was amazed by how we ate them.
The crayfish were really small and U didn't get a lot of meat from them but there were also brad and pie so U could get full anyway. Of course we had the Aquavit to it and we shared all the songs with everyone ;)
As a dessert we had some kind of chocolate pudding with vanilla ice cream, it was heavenly!
This far of the evening, M had had really bad luck (or good luck if U see it the other way) First she got stung by a wasp on her way to my place (but she wasn't allergic) second, we almost got hit by another car on our way to the party (but we didn't) third she spilled nail polish on a pillow in the house (not so much) and last Anna poured water all over her (but it was just water so no problem) A problem never comes alone ;)
Most of the people would spend the night in the house but we wanted to go to Elliotte's party also to say goodbye one last time, so we left after the dessert.
Jonas was a bit drunk but it his party so of course he should have a great time! When we left he was acting like I was leaving for ever and told me that I was the best au pair and that I always was welcome to them ;) Nice! The party was a real success and I'm glad we could be there even if it was just for a while.
M drove us to Elliotte but first we dropped Kadda at my place cause she was working tomorrow. Unfortunately there weren't so many people left at the party, cause it had started already at 7 so most of them had gone home already. But we stayed for a couple of hours and talked and played beer pong. We talked for real for the first time with Elliotte's girlfriend Jen and she was really nice.
I got a bit drunk and emotional so I cried for the first time over that Anna is leaving tomorrow. It's gonna be really hard saying goodbye to her...well, she's not gonna say goodbye but whatever.
We all slept at my place and it was nice having my best friends around me one last time!

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment