Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Aquarium


Today (Monday) me and the kids wanted to go bowling and Patrizia, Christopher's and Elise's au pair, had called me earlier and we decided to meet there and bowl together after lunch. So at 1 we went there but the bowling place was out of power and it would take hours for them to fix it. Disappointed we sat in the car again and after a discussion we agreed to come back tomorrow and now go to the Seattle Aquarium instead. The kids have been there before but I have never, so I used Helena as a excuse also to make the kids OK with going there.
I was lucky so I got a parking lot close and there were not so much people so we didn't have to wait so long until we could get our tickets and go in. I had the Primecard so we got it cheaper ;)
The first we came to was a huge aquarium that was like a wall with huge fishes swimming around looking funny ;) The glass was so weird that both me and Filip got dizzy so we continued.
In the next room were a lot of animals that lives on the shore, like sea stars, and we could touch them and feel the different structures. It was a bit yucky but fun for the kids. Filip was kind of against going here cause it was boring, but as with the zoo he was very excited once we got in.
They had a big octopus that crawled along the glass of it's tank so we could see all the suction caps on it's arms, kind of cool.
It was not so very special but it was nice walking around looking at all the colorful and funny fishes that swum around in huge tanks. There were a lot of different seals and also otters and they were cute. Not such a big place so it took maybe just an hour to walk through it, but then we spend some time looking in the gift shop and the kids got some face painting also. Sofia got a cute little pinging on her cheek, Helena got a octopus and Filip got a orca whale. All really cute.
The kids wanted to check out the antic store that was close to the parking and I saw a opportunity to get the kids busy ;) They have so much cool stuff there, everything from old furniture to old Playboy magazines ;) We didn't buy anything but Filip wanted a crosswalk sign that flashes. Wonder where he wants to put that?
Back home, I packed the beach stuff and we went to Waiverly Beach park again and the kids got some shaved ice and they didn't have to wait so long for the lifeguards to leave so they were happy.
I had to walk to Bartell Drugs to get some more medication cause mine is almost empty and I need to send all the receipt to the insurance company. Just hope that I get the money back soon!
I don't really have time to write on the blog or do anything else on the computer so that's why I'm late with the up date. But I will write about every day so be patience....hahah, it sounds like I have a lot of readers ;)

Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment