Monday, August 9, 2010

Filip in tennis camp

Today Filip started his tennis camp that goes on the whole week. It starts already at 9 so we had to go up pretty early to eat breakfast and get ready. Luckily, it's here in Kirkland by the QFC park and the baseball field, so we can walk there.
We were a bit early so there were no leaders but we met a dad with two boys that also was going there so we weren't wrong. Soon the teachers came. Two siblings that were pretty young, maybe around my age or a bit older. I signed Filip in and then left. They seemed really good and Filip was excited so it was no problem.
The camp is until 3 so it was just Sofia and me the whole day. The weather was boring today, just grey and cloudy. I wasn't really in a mood to do anything so we were just home and watched TV, coloured and read some. Sofia and Filip are both in a summer reading program so they need to read 1000 minutes before school starts or sth, and Sofia is not even close to that. But I'm gonna read with her 20 minutes every day this week and then we'll see how it goes. Today we read "Lotta på Bråkmakargatan" and even though we sat for 20 min, she didn't get very far. She's not so comfortable with reading but that's also why we do this.
The cleaning lady came today so we stayed in my room until they were done and then we made lunch. Mac & Cheese again ;)
I got a mail today from a Swedish girl who wants to be an au pair in this area and she asked me about how it was. I don't know how she got my address but I told her that here is great and that she should totally do it. I have to ask her some more and see how she knows me...weird
At 2:45 we went to pick up Filip and then after that to his "R" practice. He was super excited when we were in the car and he told me all about the camp and how good it was. He's already sad that it's only four days and he wants me to organize a tennis camp on my own and invite all the cool kids he met today. Sure, why not? If I want to call me the Super Au Pair that's the least I can do ;)
Back home it was time to make dinner and Sofia made a board game on her own and Filip played video game. I helped them both as much as I could and when Jonas and Lotta came home we ate and that was good cause I was starving.
I didn't have any plans for tonight so I just spend the evening in front of my computer. Feels nice to be able to write on the right day ;)
Miss U all!
Love Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Hej Larsa! Tack så mycket för födelsedagskortet! Jag blev jätteglad :D ska bli kul o träffa dig när du kommer hem, det närmar sig nu... Ha det fint! Puss o kram

    ReplyDelete