Saturday, August 21, 2010

Last day of work!




Today (Friday) was my last day of work for me, they wont need me next week cause the kids are going to a day care.
I woke up with a sore throat and a running nose witch sucks cause I really, really don't want to be sick now when I'm soon gonna travel. And it wasn't long since I had a cold so why?
Jonas didn't go to work today cause he had to do some shopping for the party so he took Sofia and then first drove Lotta to work and then they went to Costco. I was home with Filip and we built the coolest marble track ever. We used a lot of stuff and in the end, the marble flipped over dominoes ;) Really fun!
Today Jonas' present from Lotta would arrive by truck so I needed to be home to get it but the hard part was that Jonas was home and I think he might have seen the truck, or heard it. But he's not allowed to go in the garage so at least he haven't seen the thing, I hope ;)
I made lunch for all of us and then took Sofia and walked to the Fed Ex office again to scan and send the hospital bills to my insurance company. I hope everything is OK and that they'll pay everything.
I took both of the kids and we went to the pool in Kirkland cause now the sun came out. The sun is always a bit slow in the morning. It always come out after lunch ;) We swam for about a hour and then we had a yogurt before we walked home.
Filip adjusted his marble track and I read for the kids for over an hour, not so good for my throat and nose ;) But it was cozy and peaceful.
When Lotta and Jonas got home, I quickly took a shower and got dressed cause tonight I was going out for dinner and a movie with the girls since it's our last weekend together ;)
Anna picked me up and we went first to Costco to pick up her new glasses, Ace ate her old once ;) On our way back home the car broke down!! I don't understand what's with our cars and the sad part is that they are both Swedish ;)
The air hose to the engine was broken and then there is sth with the oil. A nice man pulled over and helped us. He got some tape and fixed the hose temporarily but he didn't think that was the problem. Anna called Todd (her host dad) and then we just parked the car so they'll get it tomorrow. Why now, when it's the end for us? Tonight the family is picking up the new au pair from the airport, good luck to her ;)
M came and picked us up and we could drive to Seattle. The sunset behind the mountains was beautiful and that is totally sth I'll miss.
We were gonna eat at the fancy place "The Melting Pot" which is a fondue place. It was me, Anna, M and Janet. From the beginning we would have been 8 people but the rest couldn't in the end so now it was just the best once ;)
We started with a cheese fondue where we dipped bread, vegetables, chips and apples. It was really good and I could have eaten so much if I didn't knew we would have other things also. As the entree we had a vegetable fondue where we boiled our own choice of meat. I had shrimps, chicken breast and beef. It was SSOOO good!! To this we had potatoes and vegetables and it's was so much fun! I fell in love with their Teryaki sauce. OMG it was heavenly! I'm not kidding when I say I ate it with a spoon ;)
Of course we had the chocolate fondue as a dessert and we dipped strawberries, short cake, cheesecake, marshmallows, bananas and rice crispies. It was amazing! We had the yin & yang chocolate which was dark and white chocolate, really fancy.
The meal was perfect and although I paid $50 for it I'm glad we went there and I could have a nice, fancy last meal with some of my closest friends!
Chris joined us in the end and him, me and Anna then went to the Seattle center for the movie Inception. It's with Leonardo DiCaprio and I've heard it's suppose to be good and that U need to see it in IMAX. In the beginning it was kind of confusing, we didn't really understand the story but it got clearer after a while and it was really good! Of course there was a hottie in it and it was not Leo. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is our new favourite! He's the young guy in "10 reasons to hate U" withe Heath Ledger. Then he was just a baby but now he's older and SOO hot!! Me and Anna were drooling all through the movie and all the way home, poor Chris who had to listen to us ;)
Anna slept at my place cause now the new au pair, Violetta, had Anna's room and she had nowhere to sleep ;) And of course I opened up my room for her! She gave me a little gift that means a lot to me and the funny thing is that I gave her the EXACT same thing. It's creepy!!
It was very late when we got to bed and then my nose and throat didn't make it easy to fall asleep so I'm gonna be tired tomorrow!!!

The funniest of the day: M when Anna started her car: "Is that Anna's car? I thought it was a motorcycle!" ;)
Miss U all!
Love Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment